Nuforce and MartinLogan problem

popipipo

« on: 4 Jun 2006, 03:37 pm »
I'd like to adress a problem with my nuforce Ref 9.02's that I expect many MartinLogan owners will encounter ...

Most MartinLogan models have a built in ciruit which will shut down the powersupply to the stator when there is no signal presented to them.
This is to stop the stators from collecting dust whilst not in use..

When I play very dynamic music , such as classical, quite often the speakers turn themselves off at very soft passages, because they do not detect the signal thats presented.
I never had this problem with my Sony receiver, which wil trigger it at even the slightest hint of a signal...

My question to you and specifically Jason is:
What could be the cause of this and can this be fixed , or is it something I have to live with ?
If this is fixable ,can  my dealer perform the necessary action or does it have to be shipped to you guys..?

As I live in the Netherlands, the latter will probably cause the well known "cold turkey" effect.   :?

styx

« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun 2006, 05:28 pm »
Actually, I just read on a different audio forum of someone who had a similar problem with Martin Logan speakers and ICEPower amplifiers. In fact, his amplifiers couln't "activate" the ML panels at all if I remember correctly. I'll try and find the original post again.

jewishamerprince

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun 2006, 10:43 pm »
Actually Martin Logan is aware of this problem and it has been corrected on newer VAntage & Summit production. If you contact them, you may be able to get them to install the upgrades as they did in my Summits which now work fine with the Ref9s.

popipipo

« Reply #3 on: 5 Jun 2006, 07:19 am »
Thanks for the reply guys :)

I've presented my question to MartinLogan.

[update]

I rapidly got a reply from ML, they gave me instructions to replace a resistor on the circuit board.. simple as that  :)