Nostalgic Sound "Teflon" Jolida 3205A Power Amp - $1100

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Hi everyone,
 I have quite a few original Jolida "A" series chassis here that are cosmetically challenged. What I usually do with these is offer them at a discounted price with some custom upgrades.

I just finished one with the following upgrades/changes:

Coupling capacitors - Illusion Paper-in-Oil
 Carbon Comp grid stop resistors
 PS filter caps - upgraded in value to 310uF total w/ bypass
 Bias resistors - Dale/Vishay 3 watt allowing for both EL34 & 6550/KT88 tubes to be installed.
 Tubes - Svetlana EL34 tubes installed

The idea behind this one was for a smooth nostalgic presentation using the PIO capacitors. I figured I would keep it simple to allow someone looking to get into the world of tubes a chance to do so for a reasonable investment. Keep inmind, I do start out with a brand new amp, just not cosmetically perfect.

Asking $775 ---- Tell a friend.
« Last Edit: 7 Jul 2006, 01:34 am by Response Audio »

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Nostalgic Sound Jolida 3205A - $775
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jun 2006, 04:45 pm »
By the way, I can provide pictures via email until I upload them to my site.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun 2006, 02:49 pm »
Hi folks, here is a picture and some information as posted on my website.

Custom Jolida 3250

This unit utilizes some simple upgrades to provide a seductive, warm EL34 presentation (6550/KT88 tubes can also be used).
Starting with a brand new Jolida "A" Series amplifier, the coupling caps have been changed to Illision PIO (paper in oil) capacitors, grid stop resistors changed to carbon comp pieces and bias stage resistors upgraded to Dale/Vishay 3 watt non-magnetic pieces that also allow for the use of EL34, 6550 or KT88 output tubes. Power supply filter capacitors have been increased in value almost 35% for more dynamic control.

Very smooth, seductive presentation while maintain excellent inner detail, transparency and resolution.. With the power supply capacitors upgraded in value almost 35%, the dynamic control of this amplifier is quite impressive.

Priced at only $775 and supplied with a quad of Svetlana EL34 tubes, this Custom 3205 is sure to please.
50 wpc with EL34
60 wpc with 6550/KT88

(Slight cosmetic blemishes)

Picture of actual unit.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 5 Jun 2006, 04:24 pm »
SOLD

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: Nostalgic Sound "Teflon" Jolida 3205A Power Amp - $1100
« Reply #4 on: 7 Jul 2006, 01:33 am »
Custom Jolida 3205 Power Amp

This unit utilizes some simple upgrades just as the unit above to provide a seductive, warm EL34 presentation (6550/KT88 tubes can also be used).
Starting with a brand new Jolida "A" Series amplifier, the coupling caps have been changed to SoniCap Platinum Teflon capacitors, grid stop resistors changed to Japanese Riken Ohm carbon film pieces and bias stage resistors upgraded to Dale/Vishay 3 watt non-magnetic pieces that also allow for the use of EL34, 6550 or KT88 output tubes. Power supply filter capacitors have been increased in value almost 35% for more dynamic control. The power switch has been relocated to the left side of unit and a 1/2" solid Black Walnut front plate has been installed as seen in the picture below.

Full 1 year parts and labor warranty.

Very smooth, seductive presentation while maintain excellent inner detail, transparency and resolution.. With the power supply capacitors upgraded in value almost 35%, the dynamic control of this amplifier is quite impressive.
please keep in mind this is a straight power amp and will require a preamp

Priced at only $1100 and supplied with a quad of Svetlana EL34 tubes, this Custom 3205 is sure to please.
50 wpc with EL34
60 wpc with 6550/KT88

Pair with one of our specially priced (Only $450) Ming-Da Signature preamps and be ready to go!!

Picture of actual unit.