AVA TSLR7 Preamp issue?

rave959

AVA TSLR7 Preamp issue?
« on: 27 May 2006, 04:31 am »
Hello inmates,

I was listening to my system earlier this afternoon (ava tslr7 preamp,odyssey stratos extreme amp, sony scd-xa777es,
& aci jags) and suddenly I heard no output.  I don't know what happened.  I checked all the chords and they were working fine.  All the components were connected through a voltage regulator (tripp lite).  Eveything else had power, except the preamp.  I noticed that the ava preamp switch is still on, but the red light is out and with no output from my speakers.  Could it be the tubes?  Any insight is appreciated.  I didn't have time to actually investigate further due to errands, and I thought that it would be best to hear your opinions.

Thank you all,
Christian

avahifi

AVA TSLR7 Preamp issue?
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2006, 04:30 pm »
Check the main internal slo blow fuse first.  if it fails again, we will need to see the unit for service.

Frank Van Alstine

rave959

AVA TSLR7 Preamp issue?
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2006, 12:37 am »
Frank,

I did what you said over the phone - and it turned out to be the fuse!  Thanks a lot!

Christian

avahifi

AVA TSLR7 Preamp issue?
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2006, 12:23 pm »
This time of year with air conditioning loads cutting in and out, and thunderstorms, is when we are most likely to see a power supply fuse let go.  It has just been protecting your equipment from line nasties.

Frank Van Alstine