naim-The Music Collection

lcrim

« on: 20 May 2006, 02:20 pm »
I picked up Volume 1 and wanted to recommend it to everyone.  The quality of the vinyl, the music, the performances, the engineering, all established new standards for me.  
Highly recommended.

Levi

« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2006, 02:23 pm »
Congrats Larry!

I heard their selections and I agree with you.  The Naim CD labels are also good sounding.

Enjoy.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: naim-The Music Collection
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2006, 08:49 am »
Quote from: lcrim
I picked up Volume 1 and wanted to recommend it to everyone.  The quality of the vinyl, the music, the performances, the engineering, all established new standards for me.  
Highly recommended.
Is this the one ???....thanks !! :D

lcrim

« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2006, 11:30 am »
Thats it.  It was recommended to me by Bill O'Connell from Morningstar Audio.  We talk about tube rolling mostly in my EE Minimax stuff but I mentioned that I would like to hear some new vinyl that is totally uncompromised.
I also picked up the mobile fidelity vinyl of "so long so wrong" -Allison Krause & Union Station and while I've never been attracted to their music before, good is good and and this is outstanding.  The recording quality is utterly superb and so are the performances.  
The Best of Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits-Private Investigations is another recent double LP pick up that I'm listening to a lot.  Highly recommended as well.  Some older stuff remixed and pressed as well as more recent compositions-stunning duet w/ Emmylou Harris on the back of disk 2.  Mentions that they are doing an entire album together.

I have never been a country music type but this is very good stuff.