What makes the Tempest Extreme just that?

bearsfan

« on: 14 May 2006, 09:37 am »
Hi All,

I am fairly familiar with what makes the monos the  "Extremes", but I am at a loss to find anything that relates to what makes the preamp the Xtreme. Can someone help me out here? Thanks in advance for the education. Too, can the extreme be had without a phono? And does the preamp have two sets of outputs so I can power my sub?

Thanks for the patience. Also, if someone can clue me in on the price (ballpark price is fine) of the Temepest in the "Extreme" mod, that too would be just great.

Sorry to have asked so many questions... :|

bunky

Re: What makes the Tempest Extreme just that?
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2006, 10:41 am »
Quote from: bearsfan
Hi All,

I am fairly familiar with what makes the monos the  "Extremes", but I am at a loss to find anything that relates to what makes the preamp the Xtreme. Can someone help me out here? Thanks in advance for the education. Too, can the extreme be had without a phono? And does the preamp have two sets of outputs so I can power my sub?

Thanks for the patience. Also, if someone can clue me in on the price (ballpark price is fine) of the Temepest in the "Extreme" mod, that too would be just great.

Sorry to have asked so many questions... :|
Hey Bears fan, based on conversations with Klaus Bunge the Tempest Extreme is optimised for Phono use and i belive it can be had in two stages. it comes with a high end Symphonic Line circuit board and is also available with a super premium German made Mumetal shielded transformer. it can also be ordered with two sets of outputs. if you are looking for a Linestage only preamplifier the standard Tempest will work well. but if i were you i would look into the Candela tube linestage as well. call Klaus at (317)299-5578 for information regarding pricing and options. thanks....WCW III

rosconey

« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2006, 11:43 am »
if you dont need a phono section the candela is what you want-

bearsfan

Tempest Extreme
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2006, 06:24 pm »
Thanks to all who have responded! I appreciate the help. I am also unfamiliar with the Candela (maybe I need to get out more?) so I see I have some research to do.

Many thanks again for the help!
 :D
BF

rosconey

« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2006, 07:00 pm »
look around the odyssey forum here for more info-klaus is way beyond slow with his web updates-

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2006, 03:13 am »
Tempest is in fact an incredible pre ampifier, neural but just slightly on the warm side of neutral range.

Even if optimized for phono I think that i and upgraded capacitor will help other stages and also the Symphoni Line circuit will make a difference.

Tempest has not been so acclaimed as Stratos but believe me it is in the same league.