Custom Case for Dual Mono Clari-T

ZLS

« on: 9 May 2006, 11:37 am »
:D Louis of Omega most graciously made a custom maple case for my Dual Mono Clari-T.  I had the paper in oil caps added, so I needed a larger enclosure.  Louis made up a simple maple box with a black acrylic bottom.  It is beautiful in its simplicity, and don't look bad either.  
    I am also having floor standing A8's being made in matching maple.  There is no reason that great sounding equipment cannot look just as good as it sounds, and believe me it sounds pretty damm good.  

ZLs

westcoast

« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2006, 01:28 am »
Any pics you can share??   8)

ZLS

« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2006, 03:39 am »
Sorry, I am technologically challenged.  If you go on the Omega website you can see the maple that was used.  It has a plain front and viewed from headon or above all you see is the maple with the black acryllic bottom.  It is simple; it is elegant; and form follows function.

ZLS

Louis O

« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2006, 10:35 pm »
Hi ZLS,

Thanks and I’m very happy you like the enclosure. I really like the combo of the maple and the black acrylic. Looks like I will be making more of these soon under the Lotus name. Vinnie will be doing all the electronic work. I hope to keep the prices as low as I can. The Paper in oil caps makes a difference and I really like the sound this way.

Thanks again,
Louis