Bryston CD Player

clewlor

Bryston CD Player
« Reply #100 on: 31 May 2006, 12:46 pm »
Just wanted to see if there was an updated estimated release of the Bryston CD player?  I just recently bought a 4B SST to go with my Dynaudios and now am looking to upgrade my player.  Currently I am using a Pioneer DV45a as a transport.  I hope its coming out soon as I am getting an itchy trigger finger  :D .  Currently I am considering the McIntosh MCD201, the Ayre CX-7e, and the Classe CDP-102 (though a little rich for my blood).  I think right now, based on WAF, the McIntosh is winning.  I also was considering the Simaudio Moon Equinox but my wife took one look at it and said, "No way".  

So James - any new scoop??

james_dmi

Bryston CD Player
« Reply #101 on: 1 Jun 2006, 10:00 am »
If the integrated CD player can decode and play back SACD this would mean that the DACS must be 24 Bit with high sampling rates. Therefore will it up sample normal CD data or just be turning down the clock rate on the DAC and switching in a steeper high pass filter circuit?

Phil A

Bryston CD Player
« Reply #102 on: 1 Jun 2006, 03:44 pm »
SACD (DSD) is a 1-bit technology.  If the player converts DSD to PCM then it might be at 24 bits.

sikoniko

Bryston CD Player
« Reply #103 on: 1 Jun 2006, 04:00 pm »
Quote from: clewlor
Just wanted to see if there was an updated estimated release of the Bryston CD player?  I just recently bought a 4B SST to go with my Dynaudios and now am looking to upgrade my player.  Currently I am using a Pioneer DV45a as a transport.  I hope its coming out soon as I am getting an itchy trigger finger  :D .  Currently I am considering the McIntosh MCD201, the Ayre CX-7e, and the Classe CDP-102 (though a little rich for my blood).  I think right now, based on WAF, the McIntosh is winning.  I also was con ...

Im kind of in the same boat. I am also considering to just get the DAC1 and use my dvd player. not sure how well that will work though but would be cheaper.

alpsy

Bryston CD Player
« Reply #104 on: 1 Jun 2006, 09:40 pm »
Quote from: sikoniko
Im kind of in the same boat. I am also considering to just get the DAC1 and use my dvd player. not sure how well that will work though but would be cheaper.

hi sikoniki,

are you talking about the dac in your sp2 or an external one?

cheers,

julie

Allezvite

my $.02
« Reply #105 on: 2 Jun 2006, 07:24 pm »
Tray Pleeez.  Top-load is a non-starter for me.  If I want to futz about with lids and pucks, I might as well just use my turntable.

There is also the "family-factor".  My wife and daughter also use my big rig and I know they would hate a top-load.

Tman

Bryston CD Player
« Reply #106 on: 2 Jun 2006, 08:01 pm »
I prefer a top load myslef unless you make the mechanism substantial.I hate those flimsy trays that rattle while opening/closing.There just seems to be more to go wrong with them.

Genesis

Bryston CD Player
« Reply #107 on: 3 Jun 2006, 04:09 am »
What about a front slot loading mechanism?

PorkpieHat

Bryston CD Player
« Reply #108 on: 7 Jun 2006, 09:52 am »
Can you make it like a pop-up toaster? :lol:

Genesis

Bryston CD Player
« Reply #109 on: 7 Jun 2006, 04:17 pm »
Laugh all you want, but the Classe CDP-102 is a front slot loader and they are a major competitor with Bryston in Canada at the same price point....

alpsy

Bryston CD Player
« Reply #110 on: 7 Jun 2006, 11:39 pm »
hi james,

any progress reports on the cd transport? pretty much made my mind up to get one when you release it, assuming i can wait :)

out of curiousity, matched with the sp2 would you recommend the transport only or transport plus dac version?

cheers,

julie

PorkpieHat

Bryston CD Player
« Reply #111 on: 8 Jun 2006, 09:30 am »
Just having fun. I've already voted for front-loading tray. No offense intended. :wave:

alpsy

Bryston CD Player
« Reply #112 on: 21 Jun 2006, 07:02 am »
any update on the cd transport?

does the delay have anything to do with hdmi 1.3 or new yet to be released audio formats?

cheers,

julie

sniels

Re: Bryston CD Player
« Reply #113 on: 21 Jun 2006, 12:11 pm »
hi!
I like the system where the tray includes the laser, otherwise the top-loader.

Levi

Bryston CD Player
« Reply #114 on: 21 Jun 2006, 12:56 pm »
I really don't care about the loading mechanism.  I am in it for it's sonic qualities.  Only one can imagine how the CD would sound like.  My point is that Bryston cannot reinvent the wheel.  @$2-3K USD pricepoint, I think Bryston can make a really good sounding CD Player.  Could it be sonically accurate, 3Dimensional, smooth, Analog, palpable or natural sounding?  It could also sound like Arcam, Sony or Denon player with a nice Bryston case.
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2006, 12:27 am by Levi »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Bryston CD Player
« Reply #115 on: 21 Jun 2006, 02:17 pm »
Quote from: alpsy

does the delay have anything to do with hdmi 1.3 or new yet to be released audio formats?

cheers,

julie

Hi julie,

We are still lookng at drives at this point. We will probably release the outboard DAC first.

james

SteveM

« Reply #116 on: 8 Jul 2006, 02:27 pm »
I would vote for a top loading player.  It is a less mechanical, more durable approach IMO.

alpsy

« Reply #117 on: 9 Jul 2006, 11:20 am »
just give me a release date? :)

julie

phurbag

« Reply #118 on: 19 Jul 2006, 02:21 pm »
Quote from: alpsy

cheers,

julie

Hi julie,

We are still lookng at drives at this point. We will probably release the outboard DAC first.

james

bgewaudio

« Reply #119 on: 20 Jul 2006, 04:08 pm »
Personally would prefer solid top loading over flimsy disc drawers.