New Subs, Check out the pics

mark@marktwain

« on: 25 Apr 2006, 04:00 pm »
Hey guys,

I picked up a couple a pals to keep my fostex horns company, aren't they purity? Ya think these Electro Voice Wolverine 15's will handle the low end alright? I'll have to decide what cabinet to build for em any suggestions?

Mark

Scott F.

« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2006, 06:12 pm »
VERY cool!!

Just guessing, I'd say about 3 1/2 cuft should just about do it. I'll have to look at the books to figure out what the port size needs to be.

Tell you what though, if you want to bring them by, we can measure them I can tell you exactly what the Theil-Small parameters are on the drivers and then we can do some quick modeling and confirm the proper box size and port dimentions.

mark@marktwain

« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2006, 06:50 pm »
Sounds good Scott.
I'll haul em down next time I'm headed there. On a side note I ordered my dac kit, it should be in my hands this week. I also ordered a cable with bnc connectors for the dac from bluejeancables.com man those guys are fast, good prices too. I ordered it friday and it arrived yesterday!

Mark

Blackmore

Wolverines
« Reply #3 on: 25 Apr 2006, 11:00 pm »
Very cool !  Not trying to contradict our fearless leader, but my Electovoice Aristocrat 12" uses a 5 cu. ft box.  My old EV literature suggests a vented 5.85 cu. ft. box for the SP12 and MC 12 series woofers and the SP15 liked to see a 7.35 cu. ft. box.  Think Klipsch Cornwalls in size.  I'm lovin' it already.  :o
(a thousand pardons and some bugle boys to Scott if it turns out to fit in a 3.5 cu. ft. box):oops:

Those look great and will rock the house when you pair them with your Fostex horns.  Can't wait to hear them.

Scott F.

« Reply #4 on: 26 Apr 2006, 12:18 am »
Hiya Mark,

You are probably closer in size than I am especially since you have the EV 12's and have the mfgrs literature. One sure way to find out for is to measure them. We can plug them into Woofer Tester II and measure the T-S params. After that we can model them in one of a couple of speaker design programs I've got. That will get us as close to gnats arse as my stuff will get us.

I'm looking forward to playing with them. I've got a pile of speakers I want to measure anyway. I've got those old 12" Isophon's, some 12's out of a Fisher console, those 9"x15"s and a big pile of Focals that I'm going to use for the HT.

mark@marktwain

« Reply #5 on: 26 Apr 2006, 03:01 am »
Yep Meesiza thinks yer right Blackmore after doin a little research myself.  Anybody have the Georgian or er Klipschhorn plans? I bet they'll pull sub duty just fine in a BR though and I want them exposed not hiding in the box, there too cool lookin. These fella's supposeably have never been used or even mounted. I haven't got them in my hands yet but they look to be in mighty fine shape to me.

Mark

DeadFish

« Reply #6 on: 27 Apr 2006, 02:21 am »
Neato looking speakers to work with Mark!
Looking forward to see what you do with them.

Just outa curiosity, on your side note, what kind of dac you gonna build?

DF