How would you run this signal?

Christof

« on: 25 Apr 2006, 01:18 pm »
I need to get a signal from my DVD/Computer to my Projector which sits on opposite side of my loft.  The loft is only framed in so I can easily run cables in the walls.  The shortest path from my DVD player location to the PJ is about 60-70 feet.  I am using an Infocus X1 and will probably upgrade in the future to something a little brighter.  I am clueless about what cable to ask my electrician to run?  Component? I am not a videophile so I simply need to get a good signal from point A to B.  What would you recommend for a budget of around $200-$300.  I need this cable to be compatable with future low budget HT projectors.  WIll Component always be used?  

Thank you for help
christof

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: How would you run this signal?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2006, 01:29 pm »
Quote from: Christof
I need to get a signal from my DVD/Computer to my Projector which sits on opposite side of my loft.  The loft is only framed in so I can easily run cables in the walls.  The shortest path from my DVD player location to the PJ is about 60-70 feet.  I am using an Infocus X1 and will probably upgrade in the future to something a little brighter.  I am clueless about what cable to ask my electrician to run?  Component? I am not a videophile so I simply need to get a good signal from point A to B.  What would yo ...

Run component and HDMI at a minimum.

You can buy excellent cables at www.bluejeanscable.com

George

Eric5676

• Blu Ray Oasis
Re: How would you run this signal?
« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2006, 01:48 pm »
Quote from: zybar
Run component and HDMI at a minimum.

You can buy excellent cables at www.bluejeanscable.com

George

See also: www.ramelectronics.net

http://www.monoprice.com/home/index.asp

I like BJC, but it's good to constantly check all three of places against each other for the best deals.

Christof

« Reply #3 on: 26 Apr 2006, 01:08 am »
Will wireless video be in the near future?

Thanks for the links.  I'll grab the bulk component and hdmi from one of the mentioned vendors.

c.

bubba966

« Reply #4 on: 26 Apr 2006, 02:26 am »
Might want to check the prices here as well http://www.pacificcable.com/ for component & DVI or HDMI