M80 VS Kimber Hero?

scottpretti

M80 VS Kimber Hero?
« on: 24 May 2003, 08:07 pm »
Hi All!

After much consideration id like to give the M80 IC a try.  I must admit that id like to get in on the sale by the end of the month.  Has anyone used Kimber Heroes and gone to the M80 IC? any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  I've found comparisons with the PBJ but not the Heros. I'll add that after reading feedback here I bought a Boulder digital cable,  it was immediately clear the change that it made.

system:
EAD Ovation plus
Odyssey Monos
Ah 4000
Adire audio and North creek speakers

thanking you in advance  , Scott

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
M80 VS Kimber Hero?
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2003, 08:35 pm »
I've used both.  The Hero's are a good cable, and the m80's share more in common with them than not.  Similar tonality, both are very balanced.  I'd say that the m80's are more dynamic, with stronger bass, a more "vibrant" sounding cable.  I think the Hero's were quite good for the $$, but the M80's are better.

scottpretti

M80 VS Kimber Hero?
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2003, 10:08 pm »
Thanks Tyson,

How long did you use the M80s in your rig,  and have you moved on to something better?

thanks again

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
M80 VS Kimber Hero?
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2003, 01:13 am »
Have the m80's in my HT setup, and the bybee'd Nitro's in my 2 channel setup.  While the Nitro's (IC's and speaker wire) were off getting cryo treated, I had the m80 IC's and speaker wire in my 2 channel setup, and it sounded extremely good for their price category.