XRS questions!!

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
XRS questions!!
« on: 3 Apr 2006, 11:14 pm »
I'm looking for new speakers. Someone recommended the Omega XRS. Never heard of them, started looking around here and, well, I want them!! What a great idea and they are beautiful to boot. Now, what might be a big problem. I just aquired a Plinius 2100i integrated amp. Is the XRS going to work with a 100wpc solid state amp? The Plinius is an exceptionally smooth, good amp. I just got it, I love it, and I'd hate to think it's not right for the Omega's. Course I could sell it and go tubes but this Plinius might be the best sounding amp I've ever owned. How about it? Plinius and the XRS or am I wasting my time?  I listen almost to almost all vinyl, classical, acoustic and some rock at moderate volume in a fairly large room. Are the XRS's for me or should I go back to looking at Totem's and the like?

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
XRS questions!!
« Reply #1 on: 3 Apr 2006, 11:31 pm »
Should work fine Merle. Hears a Rave photo....taken at Phil's Holiday Rave of the Omega....
    [/list:u]
      An another....[/list:u]
        And the back of the speaker....[/list:u]
          They sounded very good.... :D [/list:u]

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
        XRS questions!!
        « Reply #2 on: 3 Apr 2006, 11:32 pm »
        One more for size.....

jamesd

XRS questions!!
          « Reply #3 on: 3 Apr 2006, 11:45 pm »
          Merle, if you ever do get a pair of Omegas (I'm 95% sure you will if you're even talking about them) please let me know! I'd really like to hear a pair for myself.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
            • http://www.vinnierossi.com
          Re: XRS questions!!
          « Reply #4 on: 4 Apr 2006, 12:38 am »
          Quote from: Merle
          I'm looking for new speakers. Someone recommended the Omega XRS. Never heard of them, started looking around here and, well, I want them!! What a great idea and they are beautiful to boot. Now, what might be a big problem. I just aquired a Plinius 2100i integrated amp. Is the XRS going to work with a 100wpc solid state amp? The Plinius is an exceptionally smooth, good amp. I just got it, I love it, and I'd hate to think it's not right for the Omega's. Course I could sell it and go tubes but this Plinius mig ...

Hi Merle,

If you like the sound of your Plinius, I say keep it and definitely use it with the XRS.  I don't see any reason why you can use it, but just remember that the little 4.5" driver in the XRS can only take so much power....100wpc is a real muscle amp for them  :weights:

Best,

bebop Len

XRS questions!!
          « Reply #5 on: 4 Apr 2006, 04:33 am »
          I use mine with a 200watt+ B&K when I don't feel like dorking around with
          tubes, a fool can blow any speaker with any amp, Plinius ia always
          going to sound good and YOU will have no problem.

Louis O

XRS questions!!
          « Reply #6 on: 11 Apr 2006, 11:18 pm »
          Hi Merle,

The Plinius is a very good amp and I have had great feedback with other Omega speakers. The XRSs shouldn’t be a problem at all.

Thanks again,
          Louis