Frank

ricmon

Frank
« Reply #20 on: 4 Apr 2006, 07:27 pm »
There's got to be a "hip" hop joke here some where.
Glad you'r feeling better.  :lol:

Q

Frank
« Reply #21 on: 6 Apr 2006, 06:39 pm »
Quote from: avahifi
Hi people, I am home and recovering.  Stiff and sore, but not much worse for the wear.  There are lots of rules to follow to avoid damaging the new hip joint, such as don't bend at more than 90 degrees at the waist, don't cross legs, etc., but no big deal.

Hopefully by the time the surgical pain goes down and I recover muscle strength again, the old "hip joint is grinding" pain will be gone and stay gone too because the old hip joint is gone too.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and well wishes.

Frank Van Alstine

If you would have taken my advice, you be in much less pain right now...and would have more range of motion!  Hate to say i told ya so!

avahifi

Frank
« Reply #22 on: 6 Apr 2006, 10:22 pm »
Oh dear!  What was the advice I should have taken?

Frank

skrivis

Frank
« Reply #23 on: 7 Apr 2006, 12:45 pm »

Frank

Use products from that J. Meter Pontiff guy. You know his company, Today's Technology Tomorrow?

So you should have had the doctors use a Wonder Joint! Your hip would sound much better with one instead of that mundane joint they put in. (Hmmm.... maybe some of these fancy capacitor people are _smoking_ Wonder Joints... that could explain a lot.)

Q

Frank
« Reply #24 on: 7 Apr 2006, 02:21 pm »

Frank

See it here:
http://www.zimmer.com/z/ctl/op/global/action/1/id/508/template/PC/prcat/P1/prod/y

Nick B

Frank
« Reply #25 on: 7 Apr 2006, 03:27 pm »
Similar new small incision surgery is available for those comtemplating knee replacement.

avahifi

Frank
« Reply #26 on: 7 Apr 2006, 07:19 pm »
Oh dear, I have one 6 inch surgical incision that has healed over completely already.  Most of the remaining aches and pains are on the groin side. I guess my doctor did not do too bad a job, Woodwinds is supposed to be the leading place for hip joint replacement in Minnesota.  I was in the hospital for four days.

Frank

skrivis

Frank
« Reply #27 on: 7 Apr 2006, 07:26 pm »
Oh dear, I have one 6 inch surgical incision that has healed over completely already.  Most of the remaining aches and pains are on the groin side. I guess my doctor did not do too bad a job, Woodwinds is supposed to be the leading place for hip joint replacement in Minnesota.  I was in the hospital for four days.

Frank

Most aches, pains, and problems in life can be traced back to the groin side...

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Frank
« Reply #28 on: 7 Apr 2006, 07:42 pm »
Nice to see your getting better Frank....I've been told that if you play this...you'll heal faster.......good luck..... :wink:

OTL

Frank
« Reply #29 on: 7 Apr 2006, 08:04 pm »
Frank[/quote]

Most aches, pains, and problems in life can be traced back to the groin side...[/quote]

The groin side...isn't that a 1/2 step and 2 cents above middle C? :D

Frank....welcome to the world of mandatory remote controls and chairs with wheels.  I hope all is well.  Wishing you a quick recovery and return.

avahifi

Frank
« Reply #30 on: 8 Apr 2006, 12:35 am »
Hobbling around, no chairs with wheels, just an ugly looking four pronged cane.

Frank

skrivis

Frank
« Reply #31 on: 8 Apr 2006, 12:41 am »
Hobbling around, no chairs with wheels, just an ugly looking four pronged cane.

Frank

Well, I'm glad to hear that you're mending so rapidly. :)

I guess a pain-free hip will be a WonderHip after all.

OTL

DIY?
« Reply #32 on: 8 Apr 2006, 01:22 am »
Did you ever consider a reaching out to your supporters for a DIY hip replacement?  

Just think, we could have taken you apart, upgraded every component part and improved upon every aspect of your being.  You would now have a noticable  increse of dynamic swing, a reduction in harmonic distotion (without any feedback of course) and a rise time that would make a teenager blush. (Of course the "Ne Plus Ultra" capacitor upgrade would have been performed "at cost", not including time and materials)

Get well, be happy and don't forget to keep that soldering iron tinned!

All the best.

Mike B.

TomW16

Bi-Wiring - Success or Not
« Reply #33 on: 19 Jun 2006, 05:07 pm »
I want to try bi-wiring my Salk HT-3s because there may be good technical reasons for doing this.  Of course I could bi-amp too, but one thing as a time.

Frank

Hi Frank,

Just wondering whether the bi-wiring made any audible difference compared to a single speaker cable run of adequate gauge.

Thanks.

Tom