Le Festival Son et Image de Montréal 2006-NOW Candela Pics!

djbnh

UHF Magazine didn't go gaa-gaa over the Odyssey wall mount speakers (look near bottom of linked page). WTFC -  nary a word about the other gear including the new tube pre, or even the Loreleis! I note I didn't go gaa-gaa for UHF's report... :|

If anyone finds any other reports mentioning Odyssey gear (there are other reports out, but no mention of Odyssey as yet), please post links. Thanks.

[edited to change title, from UHF, to notify there's now a link in the thread to Candela pics]

bunky

Re: Le Festival Son et Image de Montréal 2006 - UHF Mag revi
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2006, 11:35 pm »
Quote from: djbnh
UHF Magazine didn't go gaa-gaa over the Odyssey wall mount speakers (look near bottom of linked page). WTFC -  nary a word about the other gear including the new tube pre, or even the Loreleis! I note I didn't go gaa-gaa for UHF's report... :|

If anyone finds any other reports mentioning Odyssey gear (there are other reports out, but no mention of Odyssey as yet), please post links. Thanks.
is UHF a Canadian Magazine ? it looks like it  to me by the large amount of Canadian companys advertising in it. Maybe if Klaus advertised in thier Magazine he would have recieved a Glowing review from them. who knows? i have never seen an unkind word printed about Odyssey or Klaus Bunge so i will choose to ignore these Jackasses!thanks....WCW III

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #2 on: 2 Apr 2006, 07:28 pm »
It is canadian, for canadians... same crpa like What HiFi... never say nothing besides / against their countrymen companies.

I have been looking but still there are no reports, nothing from 6moons, neither from Enjoy The Music nor Soundstagelive.

mcrespo71

« Reply #3 on: 2 Apr 2006, 07:48 pm »
Wow!  I'm surprised by that.  I heard the picture speakers at HE 2005 and thought they were really good.

djbnh

« Reply #4 on: 5 Apr 2006, 10:06 pm »
This Montreal show attendee gave Odyssey a little shout: http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/429342.html

djbnh

Photos: Odyssey Gear @ Montreal 2006 FSI
« Reply #5 on: 5 Apr 2006, 10:10 pm »
Go here.

FYI - I did a quick scroll, Candela pre can be seen in the 5th-7th pics, may be more but you'll have to look for yourself.

bunky

Re: Photos: Odyssey Gear @ Montreal 2006 FSI
« Reply #6 on: 6 Apr 2006, 01:39 am »
Quote from: djbnh
Go here.

FYI - I did a quick scroll, Candela pre can be seen in the 5th-7th pics, may be more but you'll have to look for yourself.
Hey djbnh, arent the dark red cherry Loreleis pretty? they look just like mine :singing: .the Candela looks pretty neat dont you think? thanks....WCW III

BobC

« Reply #7 on: 6 Apr 2006, 02:59 am »
In an earlier post Klaus mentioned 4 inputs, but I only see three on the knob.  Also I guess there is no tape loop.  Am I to assume the power on/off is incorporated in the volume knob?

Looks nice though.  Kinda partial to the blue Odyssey logo though.  Wonder what it'll look like with tube light behind it?

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #8 on: 11 Apr 2006, 08:13 am »
UHF magazine reporting on home decor, individual and customized no-touch laser printing on special canvas with aluminum or wood frames??? :lol:  :lol:

rbrb

« Reply #9 on: 12 Apr 2006, 01:17 am »
I'm sorry to say but just because UHF did not go ga ga over Odyssey at a trade show does not mean that they are not a high quality magazine.

They have a lot more integity than any American audio magazine you can name.

They have been calling it exactly like they hear it for over 20 years.  They review with their ears not based on who spends advertising $$$.

Has Odyssey gear ever been offered to them for review???

fredgarvin

« Reply #10 on: 12 Apr 2006, 03:31 am »
:lol: Yeah, they play hockey up there too, I hear. Wow. :lol:

mcrespo71

« Reply #11 on: 12 Apr 2006, 05:57 am »
Quote from: rbrb
I'm sorry to say but just because UHF did not go ga ga over Odyssey at a trade show does not mean that they are not a high quality magazine.

They have a lot more integity than any American audio magazine you can name.

They have been calling it exactly like they hear it for over 20 years.  They review with their ears not based on who spends advertising $$$.

Has Odyssey gear ever been offered to them for review???

Does UHF accept advertisements?  IMO, the only magazines that can be UNEQUIVOCALLY unbiased do not take advertisements at all.

rbrb

« Reply #12 on: 13 Apr 2006, 03:11 am »
Quote from: fredgarvin
:lol: Yeah, they play hockey up there too, I hear. Wow. :lol:

Yes and because it's so far north of the American border it's winter all year long, people live in Igloos and it's dark 24/7 365 days a year.

Give me a break.

Boogaloo

« Reply #13 on: 13 Apr 2006, 01:52 pm »
Could this UHF article be the start of the inevitable war between the U.S. and Canada? :lol:

fredgarvin

war
« Reply #14 on: 13 Apr 2006, 05:00 pm »
Yes, we could clean the streets of all the Mexican flag wavers and send them to the Canadian front! Although they might get confused about that cold white sand piled chest-high everywhere... :mrgreen:

BobC

« Reply #15 on: 13 Apr 2006, 06:49 pm »
Hate it when people ruin a perfectly good and relevant thread I'm trying to follow.  Jeesh.   :nono:

MaxCast

« Reply #16 on: 14 Apr 2006, 01:12 pm »
Quote from: BobC
Hate it when people ruin a perfectly good and relevant thread I'm trying to follow.  Jeesh.   :nono:

There's nothing here but a bunch of links and Canadian dither...
This is what you need to know for all things Odyssey 317-299-5578   :wink: