Hello To All - Probable New Owner

Bluespower

« on: 26 Mar 2006, 04:02 pm »
Morning to all!

I am not a NuForce owner (Yet).  I am on a quest for a high quality 2-chan pre amp with a HT Bypass feature (Musical Fidelity AC5cr/PS Audio GCP-200/etc) to marry to my Rotel RSP-1068/RMB-1095 combo.

There seems to be allot of enthusiam for these products although the focus of most reviews I've been able to find has been with the amplifiers, not the pre amp.

Two inputs plus the pass thru are more than adequate for my needs (have a seperate system for vinyl) and am looking to optimize my 2 chan listening with my Rotel surround system.  Rotel's analog bypass is good, as a matter of fact it is d*** good, but I've just upgraded my speakers to B&W 803Ds and I really am trying to let them shine.

I've seen two different published specs for the P-8 as far as THD.  Some sites show it as .01, others as .001.  What is correct?

Are the existing owners here satisfied with the performance of the P-8?  Any issues/concerns I should be aware of?

I'd love to here your thoughts...

I've seen mention of a P-9.  Is this close enough to being released that I am going to kick myself if I act now?  I don't need some of the featues I've seen listed, but I don't want to cheat myself (sonically)either.  Thanks in advance...

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2006, 03:46 am »
P-9 is still a few months away and will cost around $2K to $2.5K.
You will offer 90% trade in price for P-8 toward P-9. ie. you can apply 90% of your P-8 purchase toward P-9 by trading it in. Now you can feel secure to get P-8.

Bluespower

« Reply #2 on: 6 Apr 2006, 10:45 pm »
After a week and 250 views there must not be any enthusiastic P8 owners out there.

Thank you Jason for the reply, I bought a ModWright.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 8 Apr 2006, 10:27 pm »
P-8 reviews will be out soon. :).  This is a small forum and if you base your decision on such statistic (how many views on your not so clear topic), what can I say :).   Go talk to Audible Arts in San Jose (his contact on our website). Jeff is a major Modwright dealer (may be the largest) and ask him about P-8.  Modwright is a very good tube preamp so I wouldn't say you made the wrong choice.

FUN4JT

Modwright/Nuforce and Audible Arts
« Reply #4 on: 12 Apr 2006, 03:37 am »
Quote from: nuforce-jason
P-8 reviews will be out soon. :).  This is a small forum and if you base your decision on such statistic (how many views on your not so clear topic), what can I say :).   Go talk to Audible Arts in San Jose (his contact on our website). Jeff is a major Modwright dealer (may be the largest) and ask him about P-8.  Modwright is a very good tube preamp so I wouldn't say you made the wrong choice.

I picked up a pair of Ref 9's and at the same time Jeff allowed me to demo the Modwright 9se. Sweet!!! Really woke up my 805S's. My 9SE should be in at the end of the month, about the same time my B&W 802D's arrive.
  :D  
I highly recommend the combination