ICECUBE

Wayne1

ICECUBE
« on: 20 May 2003, 04:38 pm »

I have been sent a sample of this product and offered a dealership.

It is a power adaptor for the 2 pin AC inlets found on some CD and DVD players. It has also been Cryo-Treated (hence the name)

It does appear to be very well built.

What do you guys think of this?

Would this adaptor be useful to you?

It is to sell for $39.95

F-100

ICECUBE
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2003, 05:07 pm »
Wayne,

Do you have the non Cryo-Treated version of this plug?

Thanks

Wayne1

ICECUBE
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2003, 05:13 pm »
It is only available Cryo treated.

I just received one sample I have not yet decided to carry this product.

That is why I am asking you guys your thoughts :D

F-100

ICECUBE
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2003, 06:01 pm »
Quote from: Wayne1
That is why I am asking you guys your thoughts :D

I definitely am interested on the non-cryo version since  I can use a few of those for my CD and DVD players.  Beside, I don't buy into these cryo BS that is floating around in the audiophool community :-).

But I wonder what those chilling temperature will do to the UL approval??  :roll:  :roll:

shokunin

ICECUBE
« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2003, 12:41 am »
I have something similar that I bought from Harmonic Tech I think... however it has a cord/wire that's about 3" long between the IEC side and the 2 pin AC plug.   The extra 3" tail is nice as it allows a heavy or larger IEC power cord to rest on the platform versus having to have that small connector hold up the weight of an IEC power cord.

I'd be interesting to see if it holds tight enough if you have a relatively stiff power cord hanging off of it.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
ICECUBE
« Reply #5 on: 21 May 2003, 04:59 am »
I don't have an opinion one way or the other about the value of the cryo treatment as applied to an adapter plug, but I would be interested in the product.  It would be nice to be able to change the really flimsy (and often too short) cords that come with many CD players.

I vote you carry it!

Kenobi

ICECUBE
« Reply #6 on: 21 May 2003, 05:25 pm »
Hi Wayne,

I am interested in this IceCube as well.  Bring it on board with with the rest of your offerings!

Thanks,
Kenobi

JoshK

ICECUBE
« Reply #7 on: 21 May 2003, 10:12 pm »
I read somewhere (wish I could remember where) that using these kind of adapters and a 3 prong aftermarket cord can have detremental effects on the video (and possibly audio).  Anyone care to comment?

BOK

ICECUBE
« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2003, 04:48 pm »
Wayne,

I bought this IEC adapter from your supplier shortly after he released it to market (and 2 weeks before he named it Icecube).

The cryo facility (Cryo Int'l) is first rate, and I actually preferred it over the HT adapter it replaced (which is for sale if anybody wants my HT adapter).

It had a tighter fit into my DVD player and was also very snug into my 83802 DIY power cord (both PC terminations are also cryo'd).  

I say go for it... and the company supplying this to you were very easy to deal with (downright courteous).

BOK