BYBEE Powerbar?

sasakikojiro

BYBEE Powerbar?
« on: 20 May 2003, 03:55 pm »
I'm intereseted in the powerbar, and wanted some calarification. So there are TWO BYBEEs right? There are some other kind of filter connerted to each pair of outlets?

Are there any recommended options for more BYBEES? If so, what would be the sonic results of such options?

thanks

Wayne1

BYBEE Powerbar?
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2003, 04:34 pm »
I list a standard Two Bybee configuration on the website. The Power Bar can be built with as many Bybees as you wish to pay for :)

There is a separate AC filter on each duplex outlet and I build more filtering into the AC connector. The Bybee should not be thought of in terms of a conventional filter. It does do different things than an RC or LC filter to AC.

I chose using two Bybees as the best bang for the buck. I also wanted to keep the product cost around $500.00.

Each additional Bybee added into the Power Bar will cost an extra $100.00.

You can add one more in the neutral line to the entire strip and this would be a benefit in reducing the noise floor even more. Adding a Bybee in the neutral line for the digital outlet would serve to isolate the digital section of your system completely and drop the noise floor more in that area. That last place to add a Bybee is on the ground wire at the AC connector. This should isolate the ground of the Power Bar from the rest of the circuit.

sasakikojiro

BYBEE Powerbar?
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2003, 05:16 am »
Quote from: Wayne1

There is a separate AC filter on each duplex outlet and I build more filtering into the AC connector.

Does this make the Power Bar a line filter? I know the performance of such filters vary widely from house to house with the most common complaint being restricted dynamics, and I want to avoid that possibility. I am looking for an audiophile multi-outlet with the benefits of BYBEEs.

Wayne1

BYBEE Powerbar?
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2003, 12:18 pm »
I wouldn't call it a line filter. It does use capacitors to smooth some of the spikes that may come into the line and they will isolate each separate outlet from any spikes generated by gear plugged into the other outlets. It DOES NOT restrict dynamics. The only thing in series with the line is the Bybee Purifier.

In the tests the DAM did there were no mention of restricted dynamics

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=1446

Jay S

BYBEE Powerbar?
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jun 2003, 02:44 am »
I have a Blue Circle balanced power supply, but wanted to see what Bybees and NITRO power cable could add...  So, I borrowed a friend's Bolder Quantum power strip (with 2 Bybees), and plugged my Blue Circle into it.  All of my components are plugged into the Blue Circle.  

Well, at first I thought that the music lost a bit of energy.  Then I remembered that cleaner power can sound like that due to the loss of treble hash.  I listened more last night and this morning.  I am hearing a lower noise floor overall.  Soundstage is more 3D and realistic.  Small details of vocals and instruments (e.g. harmonics, inflections) are also more apparent.  There is a sense of purity to the vocals and instruments and I find it easier to understand lyrics!  Plus bass is definitely tighter.  In short, coherence and musicality took a definite step forward.  

Previous listening tests reported by others did not note additive benefits when pairing the Quantum with a balanced power supply.  I've heard benefits though... you never know till you try.