Jolida 302 and 502 modifications

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« on: 20 May 2003, 01:25 am »
The Jolida 302/502 mods have been in full swing for a few weeks now and going much better than my expectations.

I won't get into details here but if you have a jolida 302/502 "A" or "B" series amp and want to take it up a few notches, feel free to visit my website for all the details and upgrades performed.

http://www.responseaudio.com   See you there.

Rocket

ram cd25
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2003, 07:26 am »
hello bill,

i have a perpetual technologies p3a dac and have been considering having the unit upgraded by modwright.  have you had the opportunity to listen to the ram cd25 and compare it to a modded p3a?

regards

rod

ps the tubes luke great!

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2003, 01:20 pm »
I have obviously spent a lot of time with the RAM player and I run all players for a day before shipping to customers. The problem is I have not had the pleasure of auditioning the P3a.

You may want to ask this question to Dan at ModWright. He has obviously heard both units.

Besides, for me to answer this question may seem bias by many if I were to say the RAM was better.

Rocket

ram cd25
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2003, 12:30 am »
hello bill,

thank you for your reply, i will contact dan and ask him.

the ram cd25 design looks very interesting, have you had the opportunity to compare it to other cdps?

regards

rod

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2003, 12:34 am »
Actually, customers have done more comparisons than I have. The only unit I have had it up against is the Jolida JD100.
  I am hopeful that current owners will be submitting their feedback and reviews for all to see.