Questions about Super 3XRs ?

bebop Len

« on: 8 Mar 2006, 05:25 pm »
In the pics on Web you see this tiny "toe" sticking out, what actually holds these pups up?
I have a very Tuneful10" Gallo Acoustics PASSIVE sub, would running
the 3XRS off their outputs(100 HZ up i belive) compromise the crossover-
less design?
Thanks,
Len in Green Bay

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Questions about Super 3XRs ?
« Reply #1 on: 9 Mar 2006, 12:38 am »
Quote from: bebop Len
In the pics on Web you see this tiny "toe" sticking out, what actually holds these pups up?
I have a very Tuneful10" Gallo Acoustics PASSIVE sub, would running
the 3XRS off their outputs(100 HZ up i belive) compromise the crossover-
less design?
Thanks,
Len in Green Bay

Hi Len,

I own the XRS and really love them....more than my Super 3 V2s!

The little "toe" on the bottom is an Isol-Pad.  By pulling it out or pushing it in a little, you can easily change the vertical angle that the speakers fire at.  

As for using your subwoofer's internal crossover, in my opinion I don't  believe it would compromise the crossoveless design of the Omegas.  Why?  Because the benefits of a single-driver crossoverless design (as opposed to a 2-way) is much more noticeable in the critical midrange (or upper mid range) where typcially there is a crossover to split the sound between a bass/midrange driver and the tweeter.  Your subs 100Hz crossover isn't coming close to touching that range.  

Again, just my opinion.  

Best regards,

Louis O

« Reply #2 on: 9 Mar 2006, 02:28 pm »
Hi bebop Len,

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the circle.

Vinnie is 100% right with the isol-pads and I use them because they make it very easy to adjust the tilt. The pads also have grooves and adjusting both speakers equally is easy as counting the grooves. I have tried a lot of different tilts and I like to tilt them back enough so that the drivers are pointing a little above your head.

The Gallo sub should be fine and no worries about the Xover.

Thanks again,
Louis