What is the best way to demo my Odyssey gear to others.

buckeyefanandy

It has been 3 months plus since the white box showed up outside my door.  I have had a blast getting things up and running, but would like to make sure I am doing my Odyssey gear justice when I host my first ever audio club meeting.  Ears and Beers is coming to my house in a little over a month and i am the least experienced audio guy by about 30 years.  I have some Chapman t-7 speakers and expect to run a set of apogee C minors or Innersound eros MK II speakers by then.  Might have the new Martin Logan Montage to demo for the guys as well.  

I want to make a good impression as several of these guys will have some gear descisions pending and I would like to help them get a good idea of what Odyssey has to offer.

The last meeting we listened to the Apogee and a pair of Alons.  Other guys are running Magapan 3.6, VMPS, and Accoustats.  With rega, linn, pass labs, ps audio, and Sierra electronics.

Any ideas of what I sould do?

How will my Khartago and Etesian hold up compared to these big boys?

I want to do you all proud and maybe stirr up some new customers for our German friend.

andy

Christof

« Reply #1 on: 7 Mar 2006, 01:26 am »
Show them how long Earlmarc's Khartago lasted in the Trading Post :wink:

earlmarc

« Reply #2 on: 7 Mar 2006, 03:07 am »
The Khartago will hold its own quite well if its fully broken-in. I run MG1.6QR speakers with a SAS 10A preamplifier with the Khartago. I have listened to alot of systems, and this particular combination is special. If your friends aren't impressed, it won't be because of the Khartago's performance.

buckeyefanandy

Its not the Khartago I am worried about.
« Reply #3 on: 7 Mar 2006, 03:22 am »
I am confident that my Extreme Khartago or whatever it is called will blow these guys away.  I have things set up the best I know whith the best gear I have.

I am using the stock power cables and Impact Accoustics wires and Ics.  My cd player is the Denon DCD 3520 going thru an Etesian preamp.

I would like for these guys to get the real Odyssey experience, but fear that my limited set up abilities and weak links in the equipment may limit the Khartagos ability to shine.

This will be thier first chance to experience Odyssey equipment.