What I'm missing

Feanor

What I'm missing
« on: 3 Mar 2006, 03:45 pm »
I would like to build an amp around UCD400 modules but I'm electrically ignorant.  That is, I'm not confident at all that I could order the required, compatible components, much less that I could hook them together properly.

Years ago I successfully built Dynaco and Heathkit kits, and want I would really like would be complete Hyperx kit with all components including cases.  However I don't see this listed at the DIY Cable sites.  (Didn't there used to be one?)  Alternative I could probably work from and parts list and basic instructions but I don't see that either.

Is there no hope for people like me?  :(

Kevin Haskins

Re: What I'm missing
« Reply #1 on: 3 Mar 2006, 04:24 pm »
Quote from: Feanor
I would like to build an amp around UCD400 modules but I'm electrically ignorant.  That is, I'm not confident at all that I could order the required, compatible components, much less that I could hook them together properly.

Years ago I successfully built Dynaco and Heathkit kits, and want I would really like would be complete Hyperx kit with all components including cases.  However I don't see this listed at the DIY Cable sites.  (Didn't there used to be one?)  Alternative I could probably work from and ...

We did have a kit based upon the UCD180s.   We are out of chassis at this time.   I'm about 4-5 weeks out from getting most of the parts back in stock.

Feanor

I'll watch for that
« Reply #2 on: 4 Mar 2006, 03:02 pm »
Quote from: Kevin Haskins
We did have a kit based upon the UCD180s.   We are out of chassis at this time.   I'm about 4-5 weeks out from getting most of the parts back in stock.

Sounds good  :D   Would it be possible to upgrade the UCD180 kit to UCD400?

Kevin Haskins

Re: I'll watch for that
« Reply #3 on: 6 Mar 2006, 02:11 pm »
Quote from: Feanor
Quote from: Kevin Haskins

Sounds good  :D   Would it be possible to upgrade the UCD180 kit to UCD400?

I'm hoping to have UCD180, UCD400 & UCD700 kits for 2-channel use.    It is going to take a little time though..... we will have finished products up and selling first and then I'll start working on the kits.