IA-7 on it's way

johng

IA-7 on it's way
« on: 2 Mar 2006, 01:03 pm »
Found out about NuForce a couple of days ago from a long-time dealer/ friend and thought I'd give it a try.  The product fits the bill perfectly for what I was looking for.  

The amp will be used in a secondary system which will be fed from the tape output of my main system LP12/Exposure electronics.  The IA-7 will be driving a pair of ATC SCM-7's.  

I'll report back when I get things up and running in a couple weeks.  

Glad to have found the forum.  

Regards,
John

KJ

IA-7 on it's way
« Reply #1 on: 2 Mar 2006, 01:52 pm »
Welcome to AC John.  Let us know what you think when you get your new IA-7 burned in.

johng

IA-7 on it's way
« Reply #2 on: 2 Mar 2006, 04:08 pm »
Quote from: KJ
Welcome to AC John.  Let us know what you think when you get your new IA-7 burned in.

I just finished reading a copy of the owner's manual I found online.  It looks like it takes 75 hours for the amp to break-in.  

To break it in can I just pump tv sound through it for a few days at a low volume or am I better off using it under normal conditions and break it in over the first few weeks of use.  I'm figuring it will probably sound just fine to me right out of the box.  We'll see.

johng

IA-7 on it's way
« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2006, 08:12 pm »
The IA-7 is here and has been breaking in with either tv sound or music since Friday morning.  It's in a three season porch and it's been rather cold here so I haven't gotten to enjoy it as much as I'd like.  Very pleased with how everything works and sounds so far.  

I had some initial issues with ground loops which I was expecting.  I had to use a use an audio isolation transformer to break the ground loop between the vcr and amp which was causing a hum through the speakers.

I had to also eliminate a cable/tv ground breaker I was using between the cable tv line and the vcr which was messing up my reception on a few lower band channels.  The television is now working perfectly on all channels.  

Here's a peek at the setup.  The amp is connected via the pre-amp tape output of my main system, which is LP based.  It is also connected to the vcr which is used for tv sound.    

ton1313

IA-7 on it's way
« Reply #4 on: 23 Mar 2006, 08:37 pm »
So how is it sounding? Is it what you expected? I am considering it myself.

timothyharnett

IA-7 on it's way
« Reply #5 on: 23 Mar 2006, 09:24 pm »
Quote from: johng
The IA-7 is here and has been breaking in with either tv sound or music since Friday morning.  It's in a three season porch and it's been rather cold here so I haven't gotten to enjoy it as much as I'd like.  Very pleased with how everything works and sounds so far.  

I had some initial issues with ground loops which I was expecting.  I had to use a use an audio isolation transformer to break the ground loop ...

John, What are the stands that you're using under the ATC?

johng

IA-7 on it's way
« Reply #6 on: 23 Mar 2006, 10:32 pm »
Quote from: ton1313
So how is it sounding? Is it what you expected? I am considering it myself.

The amp is sounding real good.  It drives the speakers just fine and gets out of the way of the music.  Very happy with it.

johng

IA-7 on it's way
« Reply #7 on: 23 Mar 2006, 10:40 pm »
The supports are made by Sound Organisation circa 1997, I use their newer supports in my A/V setup.

johng

IA-7 on it's way
« Reply #8 on: 18 Apr 2006, 08:34 pm »
Hello all,

Just to update this thread I wanted to say that I'm very happy with the performance of the IA-7.  I have made some improvements to the interconnects between the main system and the two satellite systems than run off it (one being the IA-7).  

I also replaced the 3 Radio Shack audio isolation transformers with three  DCI Speciality ALH1 Audio Hum Eliminators and the fidelity is much improved with the ALH1's in place.  

John