Original Larger Sub

trekker

Original Larger Sub
« on: 16 May 2003, 02:15 pm »
I was wondering what everyone's thought was.  Would it be worth upgrading my Original Larger Sub(purchased in '95) with the New Larger Sub with the upgraded drivers?  With the exception of increased power capability due to the upgraded drivers, would I gain anything else?

Thanks,

Arnold

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
sub
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2003, 02:41 pm »
Unless you like the lowboy look of the New LSW better there is no reason to replace your cabinets.

However, driver upgrades are available and very worthwhile.  Two new Megawoofers are $210 and a matching PR is $48.  Thats $258 plus shipping for a complete lube and oil change.

trekker

Re: sub
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2003, 03:23 pm »
Quote from: Brian Cheney
Unless you like the lowboy look of the New LSW better there is no reason to replace your cabinets.

However, driver upgrades are available and very worthwhile.  Two new Megawoofers are $210 and a matching PR is $48.  Thats $258 plus shipping for a complete lube and oil change.

Thanks Brian for the quick response.  I've been very satisfied with the Origianl Larger Sub.  Since I'm moving to a differenet place, I may have to custom make an enclosure for the new drivers to fit where I want to place them.  How much internal volume do I need including the volume the drivers take?

Thanks again.

Arnold

doug s.

• makin' music
Original Larger Sub
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2003, 05:34 pm »
i have a pair of original largers; i upgraded to the megawoofers a few years back.  worthwhile, but not a huge improvement.  the standard wersion is killer as-is, imo!   :wink:

if i were presently in the market for subs, i'd beg brian cheney to do the original cabinet wersion for me - i prefer that shape.  but, for most folk, & their h-t set-ups, the lowboy shape is prolly more home-friendly...

doug s.