Any new info on the 30w Clari-T?

CJ Paul

« on: 23 Feb 2006, 02:58 pm »
Subject says it all...

gary

« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2006, 04:00 pm »
I'm hoping there'll be a prototype to listen to in Montreal next month. If there is, my prediction is that between that amp, Vinnie's digital sources (modded iPod & SB), and Louis' Hemp speakers the Omega/RWA room will be the talk of the show.

Gary

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Any new info on the 30w Clari-T?
« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2006, 06:06 am »
Quote from: CJ Paul
Subject says it all...

The new Clari-T Signature 30 is coming out superbly!  I am confident that the finished prototype will be ready for the Montreal show.  

Here is some preliminary info:

-- I am in the process of working with a machine shop on the design of a custom enclosure that is going to look gorgeous!   I'm talking beautiful machined solid aluminum, engraving, custom made knob recessed into the aluminum, the works.

-- Dimensions will be approximately: 10.5" wide x 8" deep x 3.5" tall

-- 24V of high current SLA battery power (two SLAs)

-- Play time between charges will be greater than 12 hours

-- User replaceable batteries

-- OEM Tripath board based on the TK2051 chipset.... a very clean 30 watts per channel.

-- Fully modded components in its stock form

-- Built-in DACT CT2 precision stepped attenuator volume control.  For those who want to use an active preamp, the DACT can be set to max or a few clicks back in order to get the most useable range of volume out of your active preamp (e.g. if it has too much gain).  

-- The sonic signature of the Clari-T will be there in spades, but with a fuller low end response, more punch, better control, and even more speed/transients/dynamics (hard to believe, but it is true).   In essence, it will be a juiced up, fully modded Clari-T in a much more elegant enclosure.

-- Estimated arrival date: April/May of 2006

I will post more details at this as everything unravels.  Of course, these details may change but I'd say this is where things are headed.

Thanks for your interest,

DLeeWilliamsburg

Sig 30
« Reply #3 on: 27 Feb 2006, 09:00 pm »
Vinnie-

Will the Sig 30 be coupled with a new model Omega loudspeaker?

Dave in Williamsburg

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Re: Sig 30
« Reply #4 on: 28 Feb 2006, 02:57 am »
Quote from: DLeeWilliamsburg
Vinnie-

Will the Sig 30 be coupled with a new model Omega loudspeaker?

Dave in Williamsburg

Hi Dave,

Welcome to Audiocircle!

I believe Louis is working on a prototype 1.5 way floorstander based on the 4.5" F127E's.  If he brings it to the Montreal show, we'll power it (along with the Super Hemps and XRS) with the Sig 30 prototype.

Hope you can make it!

gevorg

« Reply #5 on: 1 Mar 2006, 01:32 am »
Hi Vinnie,

Do you plan to mod Sonic Super T-amp too? Do you know how different it is from the Teac (both stock)?

Thanks!

ndpjr

« Reply #6 on: 1 Mar 2006, 05:51 am »
Vinnie,

Do you plan on having a remote control volume available on the Signature-30 and if so will it be standard or an option. If the Sig-30 sounds better than the "hyper modded" Teac I received from you then it is really going to be a "great" sounding amp.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #7 on: 2 Mar 2006, 12:21 am »
Quote from: gevorg
Hi Vinnie,

Do you plan to mod Sonic Super T-amp too? Do you know how different it is from the Teac (both stock)?

Thanks!

Hi gevorg,

the Super-T by sonic impact uses the 6-watt chip (TA2024) while the Teac uses the 30-watt TK20250 chipset.  They are quite a bit different.

I have no super-T mod plans.  If you want a fully modded TA2024 based amp, look no further than the Clari-T.  

Hi ndpjr,

Glad to hear you are enjoying your modded Teac.  The new Clari-T Signature 30 will have it beat  :mrgreen:

As for the remote, there is a remote volume control kit for the DACT CT2 stepped attenuator by Bent Audio.  I've used it before and it worked very well, so there is a possibility that I can offer it for the Clari-T Sig-30.  It isn't cheap, but is high quality (just like the DACT).

Best regards,

gevorg

« Reply #8 on: 2 Mar 2006, 05:30 am »
Quote from: Vinnie R.
Hi gevorg,

the Super-T by sonic impact uses the 6-watt chip (TA2024) while the Teac uses the 30-watt TK20250 chipset.  They are quite a bit different.

I have no super-T mod plans.  If you want a fully modded TA2024 based amp, look no further than the Clari-T.  

Thanks for the explaination!

Which one of two is better in stock form?

Jampot

« Reply #9 on: 2 Mar 2006, 10:05 am »
Vinnie R. wrote:
Hi gevorg,

the Super-T by sonic impact uses the 6-watt chip (TA2024) while the Teac uses the 30-watt TK20250 chipset. They are quite a bit different.

I have no super-T mod plans. If you want a fully modded TA2024 based amp, look no further than the Clari-T.

Thanks for the explaination!

Which one of two is better in stock form?

Depends what you are looking for gevorg,

The Sonic Impact Super T is 6 watts per channel with a better volume control and connections than the original T-amp, and runs off a wall wart. If 6 watts is enough for your speakers and you can't or don't want to run to the cost of a Clari-T it will work straight out of the box.

The Teac referred to is the AL700P which has 3 channels of 30 watts each. It doesn't have a volume control (except some cruddy pots on the rear of the box) and runs straight off the mains. If you need the extra power and can find one (it is discontinued) it you will pick it up cheaper than a Super T. For enthusiastic endorsement look for posts by 'breakdownvictim' he loves 'em!

I have no experience of the Super T but I do have a T-Amp which I ran off a sealed lead acid battery. It is incredible value for money but I upgraded to a Clari-T. I have 3 Teacs - 2 in HT set ups which is what they were for - and one which is fed by a squeeze box for 2 channel - it's fine, highest  $/watt ratio tripath amp available, even compared with the original T amp.

I fully intended to have Vinnie mod my Teac - now I am on the fence waiting for pricing on the Signature - which is actually where this thread started!

beatdownvictim

• http://DOULIK.COM
« Reply #10 on: 2 Mar 2006, 10:36 am »
Breakdownvictim - Beatdownvictim, ;) Anyway, i'm the resident al700p pimp, had over 8 of em in my posession over the past year.  Modded and some stockers.  Anyway, I've got 1 right now, and it's a Vinnie Rossi Modded one (before RWA opened up shop).  The one i've got is fully done up with the exception of battery power.  I'm plugged into an isolation transformer (a cheapie tripplite is250).  Some people have reported a deficiency in bass with their modded teacs, but I haven't encountered such a problem.  I love this amp a lot and it's gonna be staying with me for a long time.  Anyway, as most on this board can attest (and even outside of this board) vinnie's work is excellent, and his prices are beyond reasonable.  I'd hate to sound like a shill for Vinnie, but this guy's gaining a lot of supporters because he's willing to help everyone out.  

I can't wait to see how the new amp is, as for the original poster, you really can't go wrong.  good luck

Jampot

« Reply #11 on: 2 Mar 2006, 11:27 am »
Breakdownvictim - Beatdownvictim,

BDV

Glad you enjoy a joke - must have been a subconcious slip on my part!

What on earth is the time out west - you should be sleeping!

Nearly lunch time here in UK....

Jim

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #12 on: 2 Mar 2006, 12:59 pm »
Quote from: Jampot
I fully intended to have Vinnie mod my Teac - now I am on the fence waiting for pricing on the Signature - which is actually where this thread started!..

:mrgreen:

Yes, it would be best to keep this to a Clari-T Sig-30 thread (not that there won't be other Sig-30 threads in the future), but I do appreciate the kind words about my Teac mods  :wink:

Thanks, guys!

miklorsmith

« Reply #13 on: 2 Mar 2006, 05:46 pm »
Glad to hear you are enjoying your modded Teac.  The new Clari-T Signature 30 will have it beat  :mrgreen:

Arrrggghhhhh!  Vin, you're KILLING me!!

-Richard-

« Reply #14 on: 5 Mar 2006, 11:17 pm »
Hi Vinnie,

I would like to add my voice to the growing chorus interested in your new
and exciting ClariT Signature 30 amps...

I know it will be an incredible addition to your growing family of high performance
and sophisticated audio offerings...

I am waiting patiently for my Super 3 Bipoles from Louis with the new Quartered
Maple finish...and I think your Signature 30 amp will play those like Paganini
played the violin...

Take your time and let it evolve naturally...everyone knows (or should know) how
exhaustively busy you are right now...especially with your recent move to
Connecticut...unpacking, setting up your vast corporate headquarters with your
staff of at least 30 highly skilled and trained electronic artisans at your disposal...

Just kidding, Vinnie...although I bet there are times late at night while your eyes
are popping out of your head from working on those excruciatingly small circuites
that perhaps you might wish for a little help now and again...

You really are a Gem Vinnie...we are all lucky to have someone of your genius
and creativity to bring to our audio lives your innovations and penetrating
explorations...and at reasonable prices!!!!!!!

Thanks for being there for us...

Warmest Regards -Richard-

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #15 on: 8 Mar 2006, 11:31 pm »
Quote from: -Richard-
everyone knows (or should know) how
exhaustively busy you are right now...especially with your recent move to
Connecticut...unpacking, setting up your vast corporate headquarters with your
staff of at least 30 highly skilled and trained electronic artisans at your disposal...

Hi Richard,

Busy is not the word to describe the current status of RWA....more like BEYOND BUSY  :o

Man I wish there were 30 helpers at my disposal... maybe someday but that isn't the case right now.  I have trouble trying to get my wife to help!  :lol:   In all fairness to her, she does a lot (if not most) of the household chores and I am greatful!

Thanks so much for your very kind words and your enthusiams for the new Signature 30.  The prototype will be at the Montreal show at the end of this month.  After that, I will be gearing up for production and will *hopefully* have it ready by the end of April.  

I don't want to rush it.  I needs to be damn near perfect and it will be well worth the wait.  This is going to be something special.

Thanks again!

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Re: Any new info on the 30w Clari-T?
« Reply #16 on: 10 Mar 2006, 10:07 pm »
Here is some preliminary info:

-- I am in the process of working with a machine shop on the design of a custom enclosure that is going to look gorgeous! I'm talking beautiful machined solid aluminum, engraving, custom made knob recessed into the aluminum, the works.

-- Dimensions will be approximately: 10.5" wide x 8" deep x 3.5" tall

-- 24V of high current SLA battery power (two SLAs)

-- Play time between charges will be greater than 12 hours

-- User replaceable batteries

-- OEM Tripath board based on the TK2051 chipset.... a very clean 30 watts per channel.

-- Fully modded components in its stock form

-- Built-in DACT CT2 precision stepped attenuator volume control. For those who want to use an active preamp, the DACT can be set to max or a few clicks back in order to get the most useable range of volume out of your active preamp (e.g. if it has too much gain).

-- The sonic signature of the Clari-T will be there in spades, but with a fuller low end response, more punch, better control, and even more speed/transients/dynamics (hard to believe, but it is true). In essence, it will be a juiced up, fully modded Clari-T in a much more elegant enclosure.

-- Estimated arrival date: April/May of 2006

All,

Just some updates:

-- The Signature 30 enclosure prototype has been built and is now on its way to being clear anodized.  This unit will be all wired up and ready for the Montrea show!  Please stop by and give it a listen.

-- 1/4" machined aluminum throughout....this unit is SOLID and looks very classy (pics will be out soon enough!)

-- The DACT CT2 volume control will have a remote control option.  That's right... a remote controlled stepped attenuator (Bent Audio designs the remote control kit)

-- I have been rolling input coupling caps as well as some caps in the output filter and the power supply rail.  Some of these are quite BIG and expensive (Mundorf Silver/Oil, Jensen Paper/Oil), but I am getting amazing results and will post more about that soon enough.  

-- I have received some feedback that having RCA subwoofer output jacks is desired in its stock form.  I will probably offer this.

Thanks for all your interest and all your emails
about the new Signature 30.  

More to come just before the Montreal show (hopefully sneak peeks  :wink: )

Best,

-Richard-

« Reply #17 on: 10 Mar 2006, 10:28 pm »
Hi Vinnie,

It obvious that you have learned a great deal about how to fine-tune your
circuit designs...your genius for innovation is now perfectly matched by
your growing sophistication in being able to achieve a refined musical
presentation...

And you are developing your designers eye for aesthetics as well...
a wonderful addition to your creative storehouse of growing skills...

It is wonderful to see you so excited...I know your new Signature 30
will be a bench mark for refined and dynamic digital amplification
that will offer the kind of sonic magic we all seem to crave...

Nice work!!!!!!

I can't wait to hear/see this masterpiece from Red Wine Audio...

They should make my new Super 3 Bipoles sing!!!!!

Warmest Regards -Richard-

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #18 on: 11 Mar 2006, 10:32 am »
-Richard- :
    I can't wait to hear/see this masterpiece from Red Wine Audio...
    [/list:u]
      Looking forward to hearing it as well !!! :hyper:  :hyper:  :hyper:
    [/list:u]
      Chris[/list:u]

roymail

• Roy in TX
    Sig-30
    « Reply #19 on: 14 Mar 2006, 06:50 pm »
    Vinnie,  

"-- I have received some feedback that having RCA subwoofer output jacks is desired in its stock form. I will probably offer this."

I'd also recommend the sub outputs being a standard feature on the Sig-30...  especially since all the other mods will be included as standard on the stock Sig-30 (hardly "stock" more like fully modded).  It just seems to go with your design goals.  I'm reasonably certain that if you asked for comments on this, it would heavily favor including the sub outputs.   Thanks for listening.

-- Roy