NEW Eighth Nerve Adapt Version 2!

8thnerve

« on: 22 Feb 2006, 10:39 pm »
Introducing the new Eighth Nerve Adapt Version 2 acoustic treatments![/b]

A Tale of Two Factories

I am happy to introduce the new Adapt Version 2 products!  I’ll explain below the differences in the new version and the reasons for these changes.

The first Version…

Some time ago, when bringing the original design to market at our older factory, we were forced to make some compromises to the design and construction.  Because the factory was equipped with machinery to tool these products only by hand, certain tolerances were too tight to result in a consistent product.  Eventually we realized that even with the compromises we made we were unable to meet the price point we had designated, satisfy our quality standards, and produce in enough quantity to even begin to meet our then-minimal demand.  A new facility was required to produce what we needed.

Take Two…

We succeeded in finding a new manufacturing partner, this time one with incredible capabilities.  All of the new Adapt products are cut with a high-end CNC router with fantastic tolerance.  This factory has many years of experience building high-end sound products for studios, the film industry, and even several high-end audio manufacturers you know of.  The original concessions we were forced to make are no longer necessary.  The Version 2 products are superior in construction, design, and performance.  Our capability to scale is also greatly improved.  After some time analyzing the build process to determine actual costs, we have concluded that this level of product simply cannot be produced at the prices we’d intended.  The new prices are a modest increase of $50 for both the Triangle and the Rectangle: the Rectangle now sells for $200 and the Triangle for $150.  We are still dedicated to providing the best possible product for the lowest possible price, and our prices reflect the manufacturing cost, not what we think they would successfully sell for.  Any of our customers will tell you that the investment made in treating their space with Eighth Nerve products is the most effective cost/performance purchase they have made.

I just bought these things!  Do you mean they’re already out of date?

First of all, everyone who received their Adapt products in 2006 already has the Version 2 products.  Enjoy!  Those of you who received your Adapt products in 2005, don’t worry: we’ll take care of you.  If you’d like to upgrade your original Adapt products to Version 2, we’ll refund you 100% of your purchase price towards an equal configuration of the Version 2 products!  How’s that for fair?  Email us for details.

But I’ve been waiting for a sale and now they’re more expensive!

Again, no worries!  We’ll have a sale here very soon on Version 2 cosmetic seconds and once we get some of the Version 1 products back, we’ll sell those at an even more discounted price.

Contact us at info@eighthnerve.com to order or for more information.

Hantra

« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2006, 12:18 am »
Kudos Nathan for doing the upgrade thing.  I wish every manufacturer took care of their customers like this.