Bybee Biwire Jumper

Wayne1

Bybee Biwire Jumper
« on: 14 May 2003, 08:47 pm »

Here is a photo of a custom Bybee NITRO Bi-wire Jumper that I made for Tyson's RM-40s.

These were made using the Furutech Rhodium-Plated PCOCC Spades.

Would any of you other guys have any interest in something like these?

I could build them with or without the Bybee. In M-80 or NITRO speaker wire. Spades or bananas.

This pair would sell for around $375.00. $175.00 without Bybees.

Tim S

Bybee Biwire Jumper
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2003, 12:49 pm »
I might be interested in the M-80 version for my RM1's. What do you think the cost on that might be?

Tim

Kenobi

Bybee Biwire Jumper
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2003, 04:09 pm »
Hello Wayne,

Would a jumper w/bybee be better alternative than bi-wiring?  Please explain.

Thanks in advance!
Kenobi

Wayne1

Bybee Biwire Jumper
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2003, 04:23 pm »
A Bybee Jumper would NOT be better than running completely separate speaker cables for Bi-Wiring. It IS better than using the mechanical contacts of a switch to couple the mids and tweets to the same binding posts as the woofers. It is cheaper than a Bi- wire run of NITRO speaker cable.

The Bybee should reduce some glare and give a lower noise floor and more 'space' between instruments.

If Tyson would be willing to spend even MORE money :lol:  the best thing would be to use two completely separate runs of NITRO speaker cable with Bybees going to the RM-40s and joined at one connector at his AVA amp. :wink:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Bybee Biwire Jumper
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2003, 04:58 am »
OK, I'll keep this short - I don't know if the bybee biwire's were the final "piece" of the puzzle or not, but they have transformed the sound of my system.  So much so that I've had to pull out the mullard and Siemens tubes I was using before, and I now have back in the Electroharmonix.  Where the mullards now sound too soft and laid back, the Siemens sound fat in the bass and thin in the mids, the EH tubes sound simply spectacular.  Hell, the whole system sounds spectacular.  The "drive" is back (very high toe tapping factor), but it's still super smooth sounding (Holly Cole's voice did not have nearly as much "grit" in it as I am used to).  Microdynamics in the midrange are making me grin ear to ear.

Just wanted to give props to wayne on this cool little jumper, but the whole system is just working together so nicely now, so props to Brian at VMPS for such killer speakers, and to Frank at AVA for such killer electronics.  And of course (to come full circle) more props to Wayne for such a great DAC, power filter, and cabling.  Time to listen to more tunes - l8r.