Power Center for Nuforce amps

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« on: 17 Feb 2006, 02:05 am »
For customers who want to connect multiple amps and preamp to a single power center, they can purchase NuForce modified version of Monster Power MTS 3500 MKII from Nuforce directly for $249 (estimate).
Or they can send the unit to us for modification for $100 + S&H.

After modication, there will be:
4 Analog Audio Filter AC Outlets - for preamps and source
6 High Current Audio Filter AC Outlets (timed delay turn-on) - for power amps so that they are turn on last and turn off first.

You will also get a "Nuforce Enhanced" gold plate (not shown in the photo) attached to the front  :lol:

We'll let you know if Monster will officially allow us to keep the warranty.  The mod is approved by Demian Martin, Monster's consultant.

mr_bill

« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2006, 02:16 am »
What does the mod entail?
I don't understand what diffference there is over the stock 3500 MKII?

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2006, 02:38 am »
The Monster were originally designed for the complete system.  It does not have enough high-power outlet.

Before:

2 high power analog
2 analog
2 digital
2 video

After:

6 high power analog
4 analog
no digital
no video

Halfdeaf

« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2006, 03:43 am »
Would the Powercenter work 'in conjunction with' or 'in place of' a Brickwall surge protector?

Monster currently offers a $50 rebate on the purchase of an HTS 3500 until Feb 28th as described here http://www.monstercable.com/rebate/

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 17 Feb 2006, 04:02 am »
You don't need the Brick Wall filter if you use HTS3500.
It is cheaper if you order it online somewhere and send it to us for modification.
If you have more than 6 amps, you can request for more high current outlets.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2006, 07:43 am »
3500MkII...on sale with rebate....at Buy.com......and free shipping as well. 8)

rbrb

« Reply #6 on: 17 Feb 2006, 03:35 pm »
Okay Okay people turn away there's nothing to see here.  Close your browser and forget you saw anything.  The situation is serious but we can work our way through it if everyone remains calm and does exactly like they are told.

I have been sent here to take control of the situation but I'm going to need everyone's co-opperation.  The damage is done but we can limit it from spreading.

Jason it's still early in the day and as I write this there have only been 190 views to this thread.  It's not to late to make this thread completely disappear.  I won't tell anyone what I saw.  All you need to do is to never associatte your well deserved reputation with the "EVIL EMPIRE" that is Monster again.  This will pass mostly unnoticed if we act quickly.

Albireo

« Reply #7 on: 17 Feb 2006, 05:31 pm »
Quote from: rbrb
Jason it's still early in the day and as I write this there have only been 190 views to this thread. It's not to late to make this thread completely disappear. I won't tell anyone what I saw. All you need to do is to never associatte your well deserved reputation with the "EVIL EMPIRE" that is Monster again. This will pass mostly unnoticed if we act quickly.

:lol:

Joking aside, I find it quite refreshing that NuForce doesn't try to overkill the associated equipment recommendations with their products. On another thread Jason recommended the Oppo DVD player into an Apogee DAC, which is a quite affordable combination. Here we get a Monster filter, with a useful and inexpensive modification. I'm currently running an IA-7 (way affordable) into a pair of Magnepan MG 1.6s, another superb value. Good times for good sound on a sound budget!

mr_bill

« Reply #8 on: 17 Feb 2006, 07:36 pm »
Is the point of the mod to give the user more high power analog outputs or is their other performance enhancing mods being done?
I only have two amps like the majority of the public.
Thanks,
Bill

Halfdeaf

« Reply #9 on: 17 Feb 2006, 07:52 pm »
Quote from: nuforce-jason

If you have more than 6 amps, you can request for more high current outlets.

I think Nuforce is playing on our audiophilic tendencies.  If we have a box with 6 high output outlets, eventually we'll find a reason to fill them...

Therefore, we all need more than 6 Ref 9 SEs, eh Jason?   :P

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: 17 Feb 2006, 08:24 pm »
The Monster box offers some good functions:

1)  One button turns on all connected equipment.

1)  It can be remotely turned on by either a 12V trigger or using a switched AC outlet (as in some preamp or AVP) using the provided cable.

2)  5 seconds delay turn on on the high-power outlet, and 5 seconds delay turn-off on the analog low power outlet.