An Excellent review

Woodsea

An Excellent review
« on: 15 Feb 2006, 01:32 pm »
Congratulations Wayne,
An excellent review of your power cord and the SB3 at Enjoy the Music
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0206/midmonth/bolder_modified_slimdevices_squeezebox.htm

This is my next project :!:

Wayne1

An Excellent review
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2006, 03:14 pm »
YEE HAW :!:  :!:  :!:

Scott did a GREAT JOB on the article. :notworthy:

Hopefully his explanations will make sense to folks wondering about how there can be differences in power supplies.

I have been working on refining the Ultimate PS and doing some more tweaking on the SB. I may offer a VERY limited audition of the revised Ultimate and hyper tweaked SB2 for a couple of AC folks in the coming months.

mgalusha

An Excellent review
« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2006, 03:46 pm »
Congrats on the great review Wayne! :thumb:

The scary part is it's even better with the ultimate power supply.  :o

kmcdonou4eq5

An Excellent review
« Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2006, 08:12 pm »
Too bad the author didn't compare the modded digital out to the modded analog out.  Obviously the quality of the digital out is dependant on the DAC used, but it would be nice to see how the analog out compared to the MHdt Labs Paradisea DAC.

rajacat

• Washington State
An Excellent review
« Reply #4 on: 25 Feb 2006, 10:08 pm »
Quote from: kmcdonou4eq5
Too bad the author didn't compare the modded digital out to the modded analog out.  Obviously the quality of the digital out is dependant on the DAC used, but it would be nice to see how the analog out compared to the MHdt Labs Paradisea DAC.

I agree that it would have been a more complete review if he had offered an opinion of the differences in SQ between the modded analog out and the MHdt DAC. Since there is such a backup of mod orders, I'm considering  the stock SB3 with an external DAC.