Silver Eichman Bullet Plug vs Normal Eichman Bullet Plug

taketwo

I was told that the Silver Eichman was designed for pure silver cables. I understand that the Bolder digital cable which I'm interested in uses the Belden 1695a cable which is made out of copper. I was told this suits the normal Eichman better. Has anybody compared the difference between the Silver Eichman Bullet Plug vs the normal Eichman Bullet Plug? Is there a big difference? Thought of saving some money if the differences are negligible.

I was also told to get 1m or above for any digital cable due to some characteristics but somewhere in this site it was recommended to get the 0.5m one. Any thoughts?

Wayne1

Silver Eichman Bullet Plug vs Normal Eichman Bullet Plug
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2003, 09:07 pm »
There has been some mention that 1.5 meters is the best length for a digital cable due to the fact that it is a multiple of the wavelength of the  carrier frequency of the digital signal.

I have looked at different lengths of digital cables on my scope and with longer lengths I can see overshoot and ringing of square waves. In my opinion, the shortest length you can get away with, with ANY cable is the best.

I have never heard from Eichmann that the Silver Bullet should be used only with silver wire :!:

There are quite a few folks on this forum who use the digital cable with Silver Bullet Plugs. There is a subtle difference and improvement using a pure silver connector. As to if it is worth the difference, you are the only one who can make that determination.