UCD Power Supply Connections

doggie

« on: 9 Feb 2006, 02:26 pm »
Hi,

I am in that great phase of amp building where I am planning out my parts purchases. I am building a UCD180 stereo amp and have a couple of questions.

1. What is the size of the push-on connectors I would need for connecting the trannie to the power supply board and also for connecting the PSboard to the amp module. Is it .25"?

2. Would an Avel-Lundberg 330VA/2x30v trannie from Partsexpress work well for a stereo UCD180 amp?

Thanks a lot,

Paul

Kevin Haskins

Re: UCD Power Supply Connections
« Reply #1 on: 9 Feb 2006, 05:28 pm »
Quote from: doggie
Hi,

I am in that great phase of amp building where I am planning out my parts purchases. I am building a UCD180 stereo amp and have a couple of questions.

1. What is the size of the push-on connectors I would need for connecting the trannie to the power supply board and also for connecting the PSboard to the amp module. Is it .25"?

2. Would an Avel-Lundberg 330VA/2x30v trannie from Partsexpress work well for a stereo UCD180 amp?

Thanks a lot,

Paul

Don't buy any push on connectors because Hypex includes them with the amplifers, power supplies and softstarts.   They are 0.25" but they are fully insulated and the ones Hypex sends are better than the ones I've sourced in North America.  

The Avel-Lindberg trannie will work great.

doggie

« Reply #2 on: 9 Feb 2006, 05:45 pm »
Thanks Kevin. That is good news!