What is the cost of upgrading from Khartago standard to mono

buckeyefanandy

I have thought about buying 2 Khartagos and upgrading them to monos.  What would this cost?

earlmarc

« Reply #1 on: 5 Feb 2006, 10:39 pm »
I'm sending my Khartago Mono back to Klaus for the latest board upgrade along with all the possible max. options. My cost for upgrade to Khartago Mono and second Mono with same options will set me back $1150.00 + $550 for Khartago Mono=$1700.00. That's 240,000uf with 120 Amp current delivery, essentially the Stratos Mono Blocks in a smaller chassis.

bunky

Re: What is the cost of upgrading from Khartago standard to
« Reply #2 on: 5 Feb 2006, 10:58 pm »
Quote from: buckeyefanandy
I have thought about buying 2 Khartagos and upgrading them to monos.  What would this cost?
the cost of the conversion is free so you would need to order another Khartago and ship the one you have now back to klaus and he would match all the capacitors to less than 1% of each other and build you a mirror pair of monoblocks.and of course another plitron transformer upgrade etc... thanks...WCW III

bunky

« Reply #3 on: 5 Feb 2006, 11:25 pm »
Quote from: earlmarc
I'm sending my Khartago Mono back to Klaus for the latest board upgrade along with all the possible max. options. My cost for upgrade to Khartago Mono and second Mono with same options will set me back $1150.00 + $550 for Khartago Mono=$1700.00. That's 240,000uf with 120 Amp current delivery, essentially the Stratos Mono Blocks in a smaller chassis.
my first odyssey amplifiers were khartago monos with all the options and they are truely amazing amplifiers that are almost identicle to the Symphonic Line RG11 amplifiers up to and including the internal heatsinks. your going to be a very happy camper once you burn them in. thanks....WCW III

michaelmickj7

« Reply #4 on: 17 Feb 2006, 07:05 am »
I notice you said first Odyssey amplifiers.What did you get next and where were the improvements etc.

I may be getting the Khartago with upgrades but would like to know how much better the Stratos Mono Extreme is and is it worth the difference?

cheers

Mick.

bunky

« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2006, 10:54 am »
Quote from: michaelmickj7
I notice you said first Odyssey amplifiers.What did you get next and where were the improvements etc.

I may be getting the Khartago with upgrades but would like to know how much better the Stratos Mono Extreme is and is it worth the difference?

cheers

Mick.
Hey Mick, i am currently using a pair of mono extremes and my previous Khartago monos were wonderful amplifiers but my loudspeakers were rated for more power and i wondered if the little monos sounded this good the mono extremes must really be phenominal. well they are all of that and then some.i would recomend either the Khartago monos or the mono extremes over the other Odyssey amplifier offerings because i know for a fact what they are capable of because i have had both of them in my system. you cant go wrong with either choice but if you can afford it, the mono extremes are worth every penny of the added expense. thanks....WCW III