Suicide Prevention Hot Line

mono-tubeleosis

« on: 31 Jan 2006, 07:45 pm »
Please stop me from killing myself while I wait for My Dodd 50 watt Mono Blocks and my Dodd Mid-level Pre.

I have absolutely no patience and I'm running out of literature on the subject while I sweat it out waiting for Gary to build these babies
 :D

My amps will be paired with Dannys' Paradox 3's.  To pass the time since I made my initial order I've read countless threads on Gary's amps but most of it pertains to his 120 watters.  If anyone has any thoughts on his 50 watters I'd love to hear about it.  Did I mention the wait is killing me!   :o

Larry M

RAW

« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2006, 08:12 pm »
:oops:
The wait is worth its wait in gold I will say for sure 8)
After having them at RMAF with Danny and the RA8 the 50 watt are a lot more well as Danny would say LUSH in the mids.
Others were asking Gary can you take the mids out of the 50's and put that into the 120's.
And Gary would say :cry: NO just something with that over all mix is very nice in the mids.

We just wished we would have had a pair of the 50's at CES :cry:  :cry:

Hang in there you will have something that is worth the wait.

mono-tubeleosis

« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2006, 09:02 pm »
Thanks.  Just to help pass the time I made DIY Interconnects a week ago from VH Audio.  They sounded great.  Only cost me 80 bucks.  They are somewhat too bright and a bit edgy still, but I really haven't burned them in very long yet (15 hours).  The soundstage keeps improving as I continue to play them.  The amp I have now is a Jolida Hybrid and I have no other amps to compare them to.  So for now I'll just have to wait.  I have a feeling I'm in for a big surprise.

Some of the comments I heard mentioned an extensive burn-in for Garys' amps.  I think that is kind of a good thing in some ways.  I enjoy the progression leading up to the overall sound getting better and better.  8)