Which Isomike CD?

randytsuch

Which Isomike CD?
« on: 30 Jan 2006, 04:01 pm »
Because of a recent thread, l learned about IsoMike recordings.
So, I emailed Kimber about them, and they sent me the following list

88 Keys             Redbook Stereo                                             $20.00
IsoMike 2005a    SACD Hybrid                                                  $17.00
IsoMike 2005b    SACD Hybrid Sampler                                     $17.00
T Minus 5           SACD Hybrid/Male Vocal                                  $20.00
FryStreet A        2 SACD Hybrid Set/String Quartet –Beethoven   $25.00
FryStreet B        SACD Hybrid/String Quartet-Haydn                     $20.00
Joe McQueen      SACD Hybrid/Jazz Saxaphone                          $20.00

A little expensive, but the money goes Weber State University, so I don't mind as much.

Wondering if anyone could recommend one to try?

My musical tastes are mostly Jazz, Blues, Rock, and I tend to prefer vocals over instrumental pieces.

Thanks,
Randy

Fife12

Which Isomike CD?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2006, 06:05 pm »
I have the IsoMike 2005a SACD Hybrid and it is a great test CD sampler. I am sure it is similar to theIsoMike 2005b SACD Hybrid Sampler.

I also bought the Frystreet Quartet 2 disc SACD - Beethoven/Stravinsky.

I must say the Isomike recordings are very well recorded. I regret not buying the Joe McQueen but I think that was a great recording when I heard it at CES.

They are more expensive than most cds, but I think the money spent on good recodings is well worth it.
Besides, the money goes to a great cause.

randytsuch

Which Isomike CD?
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2006, 07:33 pm »
Quote from: Fife12
I have the IsoMike 2005a SACD Hybrid and it is a great test CD sampler. I am sure it is similar to theIsoMike 2005b SACD Hybrid Sampler.

I also bought the Frystreet Quartet 2 disc SACD - Beethoven/Stravinsky.

I must say the Isomike recordings are very well recorded. I regret no buying the the Joe McQueen but I think that was a great recording when I heard it at CES.

They are more expensive than most but I think the money spent on good recodings is well worth it.
Besides, the money goes to a great cause.

I was doing a little research at AA, and was thinking about buying the Joe McQueen CD.

Randy

gonefishin

Which Isomike CD?
« Reply #3 on: 3 Feb 2006, 01:50 pm »
Hi Randy,

Sorry for the late reply.  I've just got the two SACD sampler CD's (A&B).  Both have some interesting stuff on it...that show just what the ISOmic recording are about.  But even if you get to the music on these disks, it doesn't last long.  The small samples of songs are really over soon after they begin.  The sampler disks really seem to be just that...a sampler of the ISOmic recordings.

dan

randytsuch

Which Isomike CD?
« Reply #4 on: 3 Feb 2006, 08:07 pm »
Hi Dan
Thanks, I think I will pass on the samplers then, and will order the Joe Mcqueen CD.

Randy