Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison (remaster?)

Folsom

« on: 30 Jan 2006, 12:53 am »
I have this with two other discs that I got as a package, full ablums, but the quality is not so well. I guess mine are not remastered.

America IV is extremely high quality. This could be used as a refence cd or what ever, very well done. I hope you guys know of a decent remaster of At Folsom Prison! Only one of the most popular albums ever sold in all of history.

Woodsea

« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2006, 04:02 am »
After just watching the movie yesterday.  I have to wonder if the remaster will be any better and worth the trouble.  Looked as if, it was done on a shoe string in a cinder block rectange with high ceilings. Oh and the inmates, with all the metal in their heads  :roll:  
Great movie, and I do like his style of music.  June Carter had alot of patience with that man.  She liked what she saw.

Folsom

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2006, 04:12 am »
Yeah well my non-remaster is not horrid, but a remastered one to bring the vocals to an appropriete level, and possibly add some fullness if the original master tapes are any good at all....

Thump553

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2006, 04:33 pm »
I imagine this would be an engineer's nightmare.  This was a late 60's recording (as I recall) and there are few places with worse acoustics than your average prison.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison (remaster?)
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2006, 05:16 pm »
Quote from: Destroyer of Smiles.
I have this with two other discs that I got as a package, full ablums, but the quality is not so well. I guess mine are not remastered.

America IV is extremely high quality. This could be used as a refence cd or what ever, very well done. I hope you guys know of a decent remaster of At Folsom Prison! Only one of the most popular albums ever sold in all of history.

Here you go.

http://store.acousticsounds.com/browse_detail.cfm?Title_ID=28281

Price isn't bad either.

Folsom

Re: Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison (remaster?)
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2006, 06:03 pm »
Quote from: woodsyi
Quote from: Destroyer of Smiles.

Here you go.

http://store.acousticsounds.com/browse_detail.cfm?Title_ID=28281

Price isn't bad either.

Good idea! I just wish I had my turntable with me :( . I moved into a different room in the dorms so I have no where to put a turntables... It sucks.

I will have to get that later. I like the album, I like the movie, all togather very well can understand the popularity.