Bass option revisit

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Bass option revisit
« on: 27 Jan 2006, 02:31 am »
Sorry about deleting previous topic as our explaination caused more confusion and we got a lot of arrows.  Here's a fresh start so that new readers don't get confused.

With the extra input cap, the 20Hz frequency response changes from -0.9 db to -0.5 db, which is a very small amount.  Another result of this change is that in some systems, there is a tendency to sound bright (because the input capacitance has changed).

Therefore we do not recommend or offer this bass option unless it's used as the woofer amp in a bi-amping configuration.

gman

Bass option revisit
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2006, 03:46 am »
Thank you for the clarification. This is all I was after with my initial inquiry.

paul canady

Bass option revisit
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2006, 10:17 pm »
If I wanted to could I cut the cap out? I find these amps to be very wire sensitive like most high end amps would. If the rest of your sytem is not up to par with these then yes the extended bass could be bright. I can not blame these amps for my poor pre/amp being bright. These amps definetly open up a system and let you know where your faults are. I can see how someone would think these amps are bright even without the extended bass version but they are not. There is nothing out there in this price range that can touch these. You would have to spend 3 to 4 times the retail amount and then you might find a couple that would compete. The money you save will afford you a better front end and if these are playing bright then start looking at changing your other gear but not these. :idea:

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Bass option revisit
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2006, 07:09 am »
Yes, don't blame Nuforce. If it doesn't sound good, it is the other equipment's fault  :lol:
Seriously, I urge everyone to read Chris Martens's review where he mentioned about the need to be careful with matching the rest of your system with Nuforce. Similary other reviews have mentioned this important point too.

Which cap are you talking about? Don't mess with anything until you email support@nuforce.com.  Work with us to confirm it before you do anything.

If you're referring to the big yellow cap across the speaker terminals, don't remove it. Some people claimed that it makes the system sounded better. We concluded that it is not true. Keep the yellow cap and try to tweak other part of your system.

paul canady

Bass option revisit
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jan 2006, 07:16 pm »
Thanks Jason, I will not be touching this unit. But, it is good to know that Nuforce has a support team in case someone wanted to take the cap out in the extended bass version.
  I would like to know more about the HT passthrough on the P8 pre/amp.
I am not sure exactly how that works. I have two powered subwoofers in my system that run through the processor. Will the subs be eliminated when you run the two channel pre? I just like to have the option of the subs for some music. :?