One last Le Amp II question for Micheal Barnes

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 9 May 2003, 02:53 am »
Okay, now I've got three of 'em on order; my first look at the finished case isn't gonna be when I unbox them is it? :wink:

Can you throw us all a bone, or in this case a picture of the finished amp in the new case?  I'm going to buy them anyway, but I'd sure like to see what they'll look like and get the physical dimensions.  I just bought 2 new racks and I'd like to know how much space I'll need to reserve for the amps.

Thanks! :D

mbarnes

• http://www.norh.com
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2003, 10:00 am »
We should have some finished product by the middle of this month.  
In terms of look, the style on our website is pretty close except that there wil be a rectangle screen in the center with a light blue background.  We could have been done by now if I just put the typical on-off LED but that isn't what I wanted.  I wanted a different look for the Le Amp 2.

I couldn't find a ruler but the length and height are the same as Le Amp but is is wider.  

Both sides will have custom extruded heatsinks. One heatsink is for the power supply and the other is for the output devices.

I asked for a titanium or slate color but I don't know if it will be exactly what I had in mind until it is done.  The protype is aluminum.

The edges will be rounded.

I think the look will be classic. What I have in mind is something that looks like a cross between a 1980s amplifier and something new.  I think that there was something very classic about the look of the older amps.  I think the power switch and LED theme is a bit overdone these days.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2003, 06:56 pm »
Drats!  Guess I'll just have to be patient, although it's not one of my strong suites! :x   :lol:

Sounds like they'll be really nice looking; I certainly think titanium or slate would be cool, either way.  Personally I like the simple, clean look of a 'power on' LED, but the blue backlit plate should be pretty sweet, too.

Mid May, huh?  I'm getting pretty anxious!

ABEX

« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2003, 02:16 am »
I am intrested to see how it lloks with my FT Audio Passive Pre-Amp.

I will probably get my NEAR M50's speakers this week and was hopeing I would have the amps by May 13th.

Oh well! :?