Replacing my Force!!

jkscherk

Replacing my Force!!
« on: 18 Jan 2006, 03:45 pm »
Hello all,

I decided to take the next step in the ACI sub world.  I'm replacing my Force with a Maestro.  In the next few weeks, I'll let everyone know how it compares.

I am selling my Force and its posted on in the Trading Post area:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=24574
I picked it up from Mike directly and its in perfect shape.

John

Glenn S.

Replacing my Force!!
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2006, 11:46 pm »
I read somewhere that a Maestro = 6 Force.  Watch out for cracks in the plaster  :o

Raster

Replacing my Force!!
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2006, 09:28 pm »
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a pair of Maestro. Waiting with baited breath for your comments!

jkscherk

Replacing my Force!!
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2006, 09:53 pm »
A pair of them......wow!  You'd better have EVERYTHING tied down. :D

I've only been able to watch one movie (Blackhawk Down) and listen to a little music.  My impressions are:

1.  HT impact is significantly improved.  You now feel things much more in addition to hearing them.  It is not however, over emphasized....just more visceral.  In a word....awesome.

2.  Music impact is more subtle.  I've noticed it most at low levels.  The Maestro adds bass impact and feel even at very low listening levels;  the Force needed to be turned up a little more to get the sound going.  My guess is that this is a function of the Maestro driver having a much larger surface area and thus moves more air with the same input signal level.

I'm sure I'll discover more over the next few months, but a major house expansion is consuming almost all of my free time.

John