Diana Krall- The Girl in the Other Room SACD

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 17 Jan 2006, 08:54 am »
Anyone need a copy on SACD?  It's a great disc, I just bought it yesterday.  The problem?  I already had it. :oops:   Drats, Best Buy isn't exactly eager to take discs back.

It's unopened- I realized my err before unwrapping it.  I'd take $12 for it if anyone wants to buy it, and this includes shipping.  Better still, I'd take any reasonable trade of CDs or DVD/SACD disc.

jmc207

« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2006, 12:42 pm »
PM Sent

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2006, 08:05 pm »
My amnesia is your gain! :lol:   It's yours.

mcrespo71

Re: Diana Krall- The Girl in the Other Room SACD
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2006, 08:11 pm »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
Anyone need a copy on SACD?  It's a great disc, I just bought it yesterday.  The problem?  I already had it. :oops:   Drats, Best Buy isn't exactly eager to take discs back.

It's unopened- I realized my err before unwrapping it.  I'd take $12 for it if anyone wants to buy it, and this includes shipping.  Better still, I'd take any reasonable trade of CDs or DVD/SACD disc.

I know you sold it, but just curious what is BB's return policy?  Did you lose the receipt or something?

Michael

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2006, 08:47 pm »
Naw, I have the receipt and it's unopened.  I'm thinking they'll only swap for the same title.

Anyway, I don't wanna walk in and admit I bought the same disc twice. :lol:

RoadTripper

amnesia
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jan 2006, 08:53 pm »
With PC Audio, this could get to be a real problem. Without the daily visual observance of your CD collection, how are you going to be able to know what you have if it is all buried in numerous directories on your hard-drive?

This may not be a problem today, but in a few years, who knows.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 17 Jan 2006, 09:00 pm »
Surprisingly I've only bought something I already had twice.  I knew I had the new DK disc, but somehow I was thinking I only had the CD.  Probably because the others are on DVD-A (which I always choose over SACD if I have a choice).

For me it's not so much an issue of them one day being "out of sight" as much as it's how many discs you have.  I have well under a thousand, so I have a good handle on what I have.  Er, most of the time.:oops:

I did buy my sister a CD for Xmas only to find out she already had it.  So I kept it for myself! :lol: