Beatles Boxed LP set - UK EMI

slev

« on: 16 Jan 2006, 01:32 am »
Deluxe pressing from EMI UK of all the individual Beatles Albums.  Includes many photos, posters, inserts.  I think this came out in the 70's or early 80's, but I'm not sure.  I picked this up at a used record store in Seattle on my honeymoon about 8 years ago.  Haven't ever pulled it out to play any of the LPs.  The albums are in new condition, and there is only one blemish on the top of one LP cover.

It's a great all-in-one set.  I am offering here before it goes to E-pay.  $200, and I will include insured UPS ground shipping.

See my feedback on Ebay: "altec210" or Audiogon: "leahy"

I have pictures I can email.   Thanks for looking!

mcrespo71

« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 2006, 01:38 am »
Is this the UK blue box set?  If you could list some stamper #'s or pressing #'s on the side of the spine that would help.

Michael

slev

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jan 2006, 02:07 am »
Yes, the box is blue.  The number on it (the box number) is 1594. YEX 605-2 is the stamper number on the Revolver album.  YEX 127-2 is the number on A Hard Day's Night.

I did notice a two inch piece of transparent tape in the upper right hand top of Yellow Submarine.

I am not a big record collector, but I think this set would rate a 8.5 or 9 out of 10.  The biggest flaw is the outer box.  There is a little scuffing and 1/4" and 2" abrasion to the back of the box.

Please let me know if there are any other things I can do to add more clarity.  I do have pictures to send for those who are interested.

Regards,

Michael

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #3 on: 16 Jan 2006, 02:26 am »
You might take a look here.... for box set info.... :guitar:

mcrespo71

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jan 2006, 02:29 am »
Thanks lonewolf- from that link, I'll post the one I've been looking for.  If you've got it, send me some pics.

United Kingdom

THE BEATLES COLLECTION (December 1978 - EMI/Parlophone BC 13)

A set of the Beatles' twelve British studio albums, plus one additional record, Rarities, of selected tracks, many of which had never been issued on any U.K. LP before. All albums were pressed on their original labels (EMI/Parlophone or Apple) and with their original catalog numbers. All records were packaged in their original covers and with their original enclosures (Sgt. Pepper's cut-out sheet, The Beatles four glossies and one poster.) The LPs were encased in a blue, textured cardboard box with a fold-open top. The set's title and facsimiles of the Beatles autographs were embossed on the front of the box in gold lettering. The set contained:

*  1 - Please Please Me
    *  2 - With The Beatles
    *  3 - A Hard Day's Night
    *  4 - Beatles For Sale
    *  5 - Help!
    *  6 - Rubber Soul
    *  7 - Revolver
    *  8 - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
    *  9 - The Beatles (White Album)
    * 10 - Yellow Submarine
    * 11 - Abbey Road
    * 12 - Let It Be
    * 13 - Rarities

Rarities was issued on the EMI/Parlophone label and came in a royal blue cover with the words "Sampler Record - Not For Sale" on the back. In December 1982, EMI put out a cassette edition of this collection (UK: EMI/Parlophone TCBS 13). The fourteen tapes came packed in a blue plastic, hinged carrying case.

slev

Beatles Box
« Reply #5 on: 16 Jan 2006, 03:41 am »
Yes, this is the box set that I have for sale.  It does include the extra rarities album too.

mcrespo71

« Reply #6 on: 16 Jan 2006, 03:43 am »
YGPM

slev

SOLD ITEM
« Reply #7 on: 17 Jan 2006, 02:33 am »
Thanks for looking, item has been sold.

jdeitch11

Re: Beatles Boxed LP set - UK EMI
« Reply #8 on: 24 Nov 2006, 12:28 am »
Still got?