braided speaker cable with Zobel network

Barry

braided speaker cable with Zobel network
« on: 13 Jan 2006, 03:14 pm »
Would high capacitance braided speaker cable with Zobel network work well with Stratos and Lorelei?

Anybody tried that?

bunky

Re: braided speaker cable with Zobel network
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2006, 12:48 pm »
Quote from: Barry
Would high capacitance braided speaker cable with Zobel network work well with Stratos and Lorelei?

Anybody tried that?
hey Barry, how are things going at Odyssey HK ? i had never heard of the Oritek cables until i saw this post and looked on the Odyssey HK website . i did a little research and found a very favorable review at the Positive feedback website. i am currently using the Groneberg TS premium ic and loudspeaker cables and they perform so well in my system that like my friend byteme who posts frequently on this forum i feel no need to look elsewhere for my cable needs. have you tried the TS premiums in your showroom system yet ? klaus keeps a database of what combinations of gear his customers are using so he may know if someone is using the Oritek with thier Odyssey gear. thanks and Happy New Year!....William C Waldecker III

Barry

Re: braided speaker cable with Zobel network
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2006, 04:27 pm »
Quote from: bunky
hey Barry, how are things going at Odyssey HK ? i had never heard of the Oritek cables until i saw this post . i did a little research and found a very favorable review at the Positive feedback website. i am currently using the Groneberg TS premium ic and loudspeaker cables and they perform so well in my system that like my friend byteme who posts frequently on this forum i feel no need to look elsewhere for my cable needs. have you tried the TS premiums in your showroom system yet ? klaus keeps a database  ...

I did not use TS premium cable. Groneberg cables are very good cables. For Oritek X-1 interconnect cable, it is a very impressive cable. Compared to Groneberg Quattro Reference, it is significantly better in details with a very natural, musical presentation. The X-1 cable is the best I have ever heard and some of my initial customers confirmed that they are better than their own cables which are far more expensive.  With Oritek Interconnect, now I know my system which combined Tempest, Stratos Dual Mono and Lorelei can sound even better.

If Klaus watching this thread, I suggest Klaus consider bundling this cable as part of his bundled deal.

The reason I ask about braided speaker cable and Zobel network is for similar reason, try to see whether I should investigate Oritek S1 speaker cable which is under test right now. Given the higher capacitance braided cable design, not all amplifier match with it well.  So I'd like to see if anybody has tried cable of similar design.