Exodus Hypex Demo Amp

Kevin Haskins

Exodus Hypex Demo Amp
« on: 11 Jan 2006, 10:43 pm »

I have a 2-channel UCD400AD version with the Hypex HG Supply & softstart unit that we will be sending around on demo. If you are interested please drop me an email via AudioCircle and I'll get you on the demo list. This is a first come first serve basis so sign up quick if you are interested. The trial is free of charge except you will pay for shipping onto the next person in the demo list. We will take a credit card for each person in the demo que. Your card is preauthorized when the amp is shipped to you. You get one week to give the amp a trial and then send it on to the next person on the list.

I'm also running a limited time special on these completed amps that are identical to the demo model. We are moving to a dealer network for the finished amps so this is a one time deal. We are making a slight cosmetic change to the future version so we hope to blow through the original chassis with this special.

One time special pricing is going to be: $1400 each Future price is going to be $1850 once we start with the dealer network. I have only 20 units that will be available at this price.

After doing CES and comparing this amps with a few other big boys I can tell you that they represent an incredible bargain at the full price. The demo is our way of making them available so that people can see for themselves.

On a side note... the ModWright SLE 9.0 is an incredible match for this amplifier.   Give me a call for package pricing on the ModWright Preamp + Exodus UCD400 amplifier.

Nick V

Exodus Hypex Demo Amp
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2006, 06:00 am »
Are these fairly similar in design (comparable) to the CI Audio D-200 mono's, obviously besides the fact that it's a stereo amp?

Also, how many of these puppies do you have left?

bikes and beats

Audition
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2006, 02:46 pm »
PM sent.....

Nick B

Exodus Hypex Demo Amp
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2006, 05:01 pm »
I'm in...sent an email yesterday.

Kevin Haskins

Exodus Hypex Demo Amp
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2006, 06:40 pm »
Quote from: Nick V
Are these fairly similar in design (comparable) to the CI Audio D-200 mono's, obviously besides the fact that it's a stereo amp?

Also, how many of these puppies do you have left?

We use the UCD400AD modules and the Hypex HG power supply.   You can look at the details on our site for all the dirty details on those components.    We also use the Hypex softstart, and a 500VA transformer for the power supply.

I don't know exactly what CI is using.   They build their own linear power supply and I don't know the details on the parts used.   They look like solid choices.   I don't think there is a softstart on them but its not needed for the smaller transformers.    We have both single ended and balanced inputs on the rear of the enclosure.   We recommend using the balanced even with single ended sources.    We build adaptor cables for single ended applications that cost about $85/pr

We sold two of the twenty yesterday.    Eighteen left at the $1400 price point.

Kevin Haskins

Exodus Hypex Demo Amp
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jan 2006, 07:48 pm »
I'm going to put this up in the public domain so that we are not doing unessary email chores.   We are making a second demo amp available to keep the wait time as short as possible.   Please pack and ship the amp quicker than your week demo time if you are not going to be using it for the entire week.    This process depends upon everone responsibly shipping the amp in a timely manner.

The list has been determined by the order I recieved the request.   I go by the time on the email or PM.    For everyone on this list I need the following in order to retain your position.  

***   Complete Name, address and contact information.

***   Credit Card for the Preauthorization.

Demo Order:

#1.  Carl Reichenburger   Contact time:  12:52

#2.  Alan Bradley     Contact time:  1:29

#3.  Rajiv Murthy    Contact time:  2:00

#4.   Norman Tracy   Contact time:  2:04

#5.   Nick B     Contact time:  2:55

#6.  Michael Olivero   Contact time: 3:19

#7.  Marty Bolek  Contact time:  3.23

#8.  Dan Paietta    Contact time:  4:56

#9.  Mark McCormick  Contact time:  5:22

#10.  Robert Blackmon   Contact time: 9:56

#11.  Yev Maloff    Contact time: 10:14

#12.  Jay Luber   Phone Call

#13.  Mark Soucek   Contact time Jan 12th.  2:31 P.M.

That is everone I currently have on the list.    We are making a second demo amp available so hopefully that will cut down on the wait time.

I'll add names to this list as we get them and I'll update the process here as this progresses.   Please don't email me asking where you are in the list.    I'll keep the information up to date on this thread so everyone understands where they fall.

I just want to thank everyone for the interest and encourage everyone to ship as efficiently as possible.

AB

Exodus Hypex Demo Amp
« Reply #6 on: 12 Jan 2006, 10:54 pm »
Hey Kevin,
Does a second demo mean the first two guys get amps shipped this week?
That would be cool.

Also, don't sell all 20 of the intro units before we demo guys have our chance to try one out. ;-)

Kevin Haskins

Exodus Hypex Demo Amp
« Reply #7 on: 13 Jan 2006, 01:13 am »
Quote from: AB
Hey Kevin,
Does a second demo mean the first two guys get amps shipped this week?
That would be cool.

One is going to ship tomorrow.   The other is getting finished by my tech. right now but may not ship until Monday.   I'll probably let it run over the weekend to get some hours on it.

Quote from: AB
Hey Kevin,
Also, don't sell all 20 of the intro units before we demo guys have our chance to try one out.

Hey... the kids have to eat!  :-)    If we sell them all before the tour ends I'll see what I can do.   Maybe some sort of AC tour speciality price break would keep everyone happy.

AB

Exodus Hypex Demo Amp
« Reply #8 on: 13 Jan 2006, 01:19 am »
Kids? Eat? You Northwest progressives and your wild ideas! What next...?

:lol:

Second Amp shipping Monday? That IS cool.

Thanks
AB

RAW

Exodus Hypex Demo Amp
« Reply #9 on: 13 Jan 2006, 02:03 am »
These are sleeper amps for sure.
Not getting a lot of press till now but I think this will give Kevin the shot in the arm that is needed to get them out 8)

After we used a 180 at CES and hit 93-95db in our room and very clean at those levels I will say, I am sold on the units for sure.
And I can only think of what the 400 brings to the table.

Then add the 700 :o  :o  :o

Good luck to all of those who get a chance to listen to them on tour, I think you will be impressed. :D

TheChairGuy

Exodus Hypex Demo Amp
« Reply #10 on: 13 Jan 2006, 02:50 am »
Beautiful looking fronts, Kevin   :thumb:

Can't but help think you are going the wrong way with a dealer network, tho.  You are well organized and a pleasure to talk to...the internet is tailored for folks exactly like you. Audio Circle was largely founded on that concept of direct-to-you with the greatest value quotient.  

Dealer networks, by and large, give you a big boost in the beginning...and give you bigger grief as time goes by.  For some, it's the only option, tho.  For you, I think otherwise.

There are lots of capable amps at $1800.00...precious fewer at half of that. The difference is dealer markup - creating a value gap that longer term is difficult to bridge (pun not intended  :) ).

That's my 2 cents - as a person with a very active, large dealer network in my business.  But, we minimize it wherever possible.  My company can't do without one - but,  I believe you can and succeed all the more.

Ya' never know till you try, of course...wishing you best of luck always.

John / TCG

Kevin Haskins

Exodus Hypex Demo Amp
« Reply #11 on: 13 Jan 2006, 05:53 pm »
Quote from: TheChairGuy
Beautiful looking fronts, Kevin   :thumb:

Can't but help think you are going the wrong way with a dealer network, tho.  You are well organized and a pleasure to talk to...the internet is tailored for folks exactly like you. Audio Circle was largely founded on that concept of direct-to-you with the greatest value quotient.  

Dealer networks, by and large, give you a big boost in the beginning...and give you bigger grief as time goes by.  For some, it's the only option, tho.  For you, I think ot ...

I disagree.

Nick B

Exodus Hypex Demo Amp
« Reply #12 on: 14 Jan 2006, 05:42 am »
Kevin   Is the special order Auricap available yet or are these demos being sent without it? Thanks  Nick

Kevin Haskins

Exodus Hypex Demo Amp
« Reply #13 on: 14 Jan 2006, 06:08 pm »
I've not yet recieved the Auricaps so we are pressing on without them.   The demo amps have the stock UCD400AD modules and the HG Supply by Hypex.

studley

feedback
« Reply #14 on: 15 Jan 2006, 11:26 am »
it would be great if the guys who get to hear the demo units could post some feedback and comparisons with other amps (esp CI D200s).

Kevin Haskins

Exodus Hypex Demo Amp
« Reply #15 on: 18 Jan 2006, 09:34 pm »
Just a note... at this point twelve of the twenty discounted amps are sold.    At this rate nobody in the demo list is going to get a chance to buy one of the discounted amps.  :-(

I'm also cranking on orders and a little behind at this point.   I may be a little more difficult to reach via phone and slower to respond via email.   Please be patient and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

kfr01

Exodus Hypex Demo Amp
« Reply #16 on: 18 Jan 2006, 10:30 pm »
Quote from: Kevin Haskins
Just a note... at this point twelve of the twenty discounted amps are sold.    At this rate nobody in the demo list is going to get a chance to buy one of the discounted amps.  :-(

Bummer for us on the demo list --- but great for you! Congrats.  :-)

Maybe a second round of discounted ucd 180 amps for those on the demo list? ;-)

jackman

Exodus Hypex Demo Amp
« Reply #17 on: 18 Jan 2006, 10:37 pm »
Please let me know if anyone in Chicago is on the list.  I'd like to hear it but will need to build a 4 channel version for my system if i like it.  

Thanks,

I have people in the Chicago area.   Send me your contact info and I'll get you on the list.

Many people have suggested I use a geographical list to cut shipping times.   I think that is a good suggestion so there might be a little reshuffling of the list.

Kevin Haskins

Exodus Hypex Demo Amp
« Reply #18 on: 19 Jan 2006, 04:06 am »
Quote from: kfr01
Quote from: Kevin Haskins

Bummer for us on the demo list --- but great for you! Congrats.  :-)

Maybe a second round of discounted ucd 180 amps for those on the demo list? ;-)

I'm not going to leave you guys stranded.   I'll cook up some kind of deal for the AC faithful.

HumanMedia

Exodus Hypex Demo Amp
« Reply #19 on: 23 Jan 2006, 11:53 pm »
Quote from: Nick V

Very interested in how these compare also.  Can anyone who has seriously auditioned both PM me?

Many thanks