Actual comparison of Blu Ray vs HD by someone whos seen both

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #20 on: 14 Jan 2006, 08:08 am »
Quote from: mcrespo71
Quote from: Rob Babcock
Fwiw, Merill Lynch is projecting that at the end of five years, the Xbox 360 will have outsold the P3 by about 11 million units.

What was he smoking?  I'd bet anyone $100 this won't happen.  PS2's userbase is so freaking huge- literally 60% of this userbase would have to jump ship and buy Xbox 360's for this prediction to actually happen.  

Michael

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  That's not a guy, it's an investment company.

mcrespo71

« Reply #21 on: 14 Jan 2006, 08:11 am »
Fwiw, Merill Lynch is projecting that at the end of five years, the Xbox 360 will have outsold the P3 by about 11 million units.

What was he smoking?  I'd bet anyone $100 this won't happen.  PS2's userbase is so freaking huge- literally 60% of this userbase would have to jump ship and buy Xbox 360's for this prediction to actually happen.  

Michael

LOL- I know, but I'm assuming some analyst at ML made the statement, so whoever was working on this analysis was smoking some good weed ;).

Michael

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #22 on: 14 Jan 2006, 08:12 am »

Michael

Rob....give Mike a pass...he posted at 3:01AM...he should of been sleeping.... :P

Ears

« Reply #23 on: 14 Jan 2006, 04:59 pm »
LOL- I know, but I'm assuming some analyst at ML made the statement, so whoever was working on this analysis was smoking some good weed ;).

Michael

Must have been chronic :lol:

Eric5676

• Blu Ray Oasis
« Reply #24 on: 22 Jan 2006, 05:56 pm »
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=249497

That poll is amazing.

HTF is another solid AV and HT forum like this one.

It's the kind of place you'd easily expect to find tons of "early adopters" and people that will gladly jump on at least one of these two new formats.

And yet, look at the poll numbers. 79 PERCENT are sitting it out! And I'm definitely amongst that 79 percent, even though I favor BR out of the two formats, along with 85 percent of the rest of the industry, not the least of which are just about every leading consumer electronics company like Sony, Panasonic, JVC, Pioneer, Samsung, LG/Zenith, Apple, Dell, HP, etc. etc.

PS3 notwithstanding, or maybe the supposed HD-DVD add-on for an Xbox 360...I certainly intend to NOT make any serious or dedicated investments for the forseeable future for either format.

rbrb

« Reply #25 on: 23 Jan 2006, 04:35 pm »
Will the major players ever learn from their past mistakes??  Probably not.  The poll seems to indicate to me that audio/videophiles are not interested in participating in another format war (SA-CD/DVD-A).  It's really quite sad to think that large numbers of the new format hardware will be sold by default because it's going to be included in a gaming console.  The PS-3 will sell huge numbers, not because it has Blu-Ray included but because it's a PS-3.

Eric5676

• Blu Ray Oasis
« Reply #26 on: 26 Jan 2006, 05:20 pm »
Toshiba to have access to Blu-Ray Tech: http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/01/21/toshiba_access_to_blu_ray/

It looks like Toshiba is cracking the back door open for themselves a bit here...

Ears

« Reply #27 on: 28 Jan 2006, 04:47 pm »
Quote from: rbrb
Will the major players ever learn from their past mistakes??  Probably not.  The poll seems to indicate to me that audio/videophiles are not interested in participating in another format war (SA-CD/DVD-A).  It's really quite sad to think that large numbers of the new format hardware will be sold by default because it's going to be included in a gaming console.  The PS-3 will sell huge numbers, not because it has Blu-Ray included but because it's a PS-3.

This is exactly why I am buying a Blu Ray player, PS3 for kid, and a new Dell computer with a Blu Ray drive....and zero hd dvd drives.

With 8 studios only supporting Blu Ray....I don't see a war at all here. :D