Bryston warranty questions

95bcwh

« on: 10 Jan 2006, 07:23 am »
Dear all,
   I am tempted to get a used Bryston BP 26 from Audiogon, the seller claimed that the unit still has 19 years of warranty left. Now, I wonder if anyone here can help me on the following questions that I have:

(1)  How can I find out if the unit is originally sold from an authorized dealer? I mean, there're so many online vendors selling Bryston products at huge discount, someone could have just bought it from these sources and the flip it in the market place easily. Hence, how does Bryston differentiate between new product sold through an authorized store and those sold over the internet?

(2) Does Bryston requires any form of documentation if I am sending the unit for repair in the future?

Thanks a lot!

MattH

« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2006, 09:16 am »
With regards to point 2 .. its the serial number of the unit that determines how much warranty is left.

Cheers

Matt

bsmith15

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2006, 10:17 am »
I am sure that Bryston keeps track of units shipped to its authorized dealers.  If the A'Gon seller is willing to give you the serial number of the BP-26, you could verify through Bryston.  If  they are not willing to give the serial number you have your answer.

perose

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2006, 04:36 pm »
Read the warranty: http://www.bryston.ca/warranty.html
Bryston products are warranted to be free from manufacturing defects for twenty years from the original date of manufacture This includes parts, labour and return shipping to the first owner and all subsequent owners. Warranty coverage Is automatic and commences with the original date of manufacture which is kept on file at Bryston. On digital circuits we offer a full 5-year warranty.

Bryston doesn't care how many times a unit has been sold. The warranty is fully transferable. That's what makes their product such a great buy and, if you chose to, so easy to sell. I don't know of any other manufacturer that has such a warranty. Truly outstanding!