Nuforce Amp Question

Antman27

Nuforce Amp Question
« on: 9 Jan 2006, 04:57 pm »
Hello , I am thinking of buying 2 Ref 8 OR 9s .I am running a Denon 3805 AVR with Paradigm Studio 40's
My major complaint is I do not get enough lows at low listning levels.
Will the 8 Or 9 help this out My speaker come to life when I crank them up & that is why I tnink if I add more power it will help.
Will the Ref 8 work well with my set up or do I need to step up to the 9 ?
Thanks ~

Charles Calkins

Nuforce Amp Question
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jan 2006, 05:15 pm »
The 9's put out mucho bass.

Cheers
                         Charlie

KJ

Nuforce Amp Question
« Reply #2 on: 9 Jan 2006, 06:13 pm »
I think the Ref 8s would give you ample power for your current speakers.  However, if you have plans to use larger or more inefficient speakers some day, I'd definitely go with the Ref 9s.

-KJ

Beano

Nuforce Amp Question
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2006, 02:22 pm »
In listening to the Ref9.02 compared to the Ref 8.01 driving Usher speakers,  I felt that the Ref 9 presented a smoother flow of music (almost like tubes) and better imaging than the Ref 8. My 2 cents.  :D

KJ

Nuforce Amp Question
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jan 2006, 02:32 pm »
Beano, which Ushers are you using?  We had to biamp the Dancers at CES, but they sounded fantastic with the Reference 9 amps.

-KJ

Beano

Nuforce Amp Question
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jan 2006, 03:56 pm »
Quote from: KJ
Beano, which Ushers are you using?  We had to biamp the Dancers at CES, but they sounded fantastic with the Reference 9 amps.

-KJ

Hi KJ, I heard the Usher/Nuforce combo at a dealer whom I visit ocassionally. I believe the Usher speaker set up with the Ref9.02 were the midrange  Cp6371. They didn't have the Dancers for demo then. The preamp used was also an Usher preamp.  Despite the less than ideal room set up (speakers everywhere), I could visualise the soundstage easily with the sound being much more 3D  than I had experience from any SS set up. The 9.02 just made the music sound like the musicians were right in front of me...more "real" to me than any other amp.  I have a pair of Ref8.01s driving a pair of Aurum Cantus driver bookshelfs