Greetings from across the pond

Jampot

« on: 7 Jan 2006, 08:17 pm »
Short notice I know, but I will be visiting DFW (Keller actually) from UK on Thursday Jan 12th for a week. Is anyone around and available that weekend to exchange ideas / listen to some music? (what you call a 'jam', right?)

Keller is my daughters home and I have an RWA iMod waiting there to be 'personally' exported and stock Teac Home theatre boxes. If anyone has speakers they could bring by we could host, (no speakers in the house remotely worthy!) alternatively I could try to come by with the iMod...

If not I hope to visit again in May, so will watch for new jam dates around then.

brj

« Reply #1 on: 7 Jan 2006, 08:31 pm »
Hi Jampot - welcome to AC and the North Texas circle!

Quote from: Jampot
Short notice I know, but I will be visiting DFW (Keller actually) from UK on Thursday Jan 12th for a week. Is anyone around and available that weekend to exchange ideas / listen to some music?

Keller is practically next door to me, but I'm still waiting for my speakers to arrive, so I'm not much help at the moment.  Hopefully someone else might be able to host a mini-jam of some kind.

(what you call a 'jam', right?)

We've called it many things! :lol:  We've taken to calling all of our get-togethers "jams" based on the voting that ultimately named our regional circle.

Keller is my daughters home and I have an RWA iMod waiting there to be 'personally' exported and stock Teac Home theatre boxes. If anyone has speakers they could bring by we could host, (no speakers in the house remotely worthy!) alternatively I could try to come by with the iMod...

I have to admit that I'd be curious to hear it.  We'll see who else responds to this thread...

If not I hope to visit again in May, so will watch for new jam dates around then.

When we get closer to May, give us a shout.  We'll see who might be willing to host at that time, hopefully up to and including myself.

arthurs

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 2006, 01:06 am »
Greetings Jampot.  Drop me an e-mail and if there's some time available next Saturday or Sunday you'd be more than welcome to swing by and spend some time listening to my humble set up and plugging in the imod if you like.  I can't really have a jam per se, but it seems wrong not to show some Texas hospitality to a fellow audio nut from across the pond.  I'm about 15 minutes from Keller, drop me a note and we'll see what we can work out.  Art