a message for Frank

alpha_03

a message for Frank
« on: 4 Jan 2006, 11:51 pm »
Howdy Frank,

Just thought I would let you know as per our previous conversation, I just recieved a very good pair of Gale GS 401's, and, very, very much to my supprize- they are considerably better then my B&W 604's.

They are kinda funny looking speakers with heavy chrome metal caps on the top and bottom, and weigh a ton for a speaker of their size, but they sure sound good, all be it, not very efficient, the sound is very pleasing.

How is one supposed to place them? Vertically, or horizontally?

Seem to be a very good monitor speaker, I am very supprized at the amount of bass they produce for such a "small" speaker.

skrivis

Re: a message for Frank
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jan 2006, 12:18 am »
Quote from: alpha_03
Howdy Frank,

Just thought I would let you know as per our previous conversation, I just recieved a very good pair of Gale GS 401's, and, very, very much to my supprize- they are considerably better then my B&W 604's.

They are kinda funny looking speakers with heavy chrome metal caps on the top and bottom, and weigh a ton for a speaker of their size, but they sure sound good, all be it, not very efficient, the sound is very pleasing.

How is one supposed to place them? Vertically, or horizontally?

This shows a picture of them on their stands:
http://www.nanson.ch/features/2005/gale.html

alpha_03

a message for Frank
« Reply #2 on: 5 Jan 2006, 01:08 am »
I assumed as much, boy those that are in that guys pic's are pretty rough.

I have heard very good things about these speakers, but I cant find a manufacturers link.

Any Ideas?

skrivis

a message for Frank
« Reply #3 on: 5 Jan 2006, 01:56 pm »
Quote from: alpha_03
I assumed as much, boy those that are in that guys pic's are pretty rough.

I have heard very good things about these speakers, but I cant find a manufacturers link.

Any Ideas?

http://www.gale.co.uk/index.html