Hagclock success!

hanguy

Hagclock success!
« on: 4 Jan 2006, 06:33 am »
Just installed a 24.576MHz hagclock into my modified Panasonic XR45 digital receiver. My previous modifications can be found here.

Since the stock crystals feed only the AKM AK4114 digital receiver which in turn generates the rest of the system clocks, I thought giving the AK4114 a clean clock would yield minimum benefit but decided to give it a try anyway due to the relative low cost of the hagclock. Boy, I was in for a pleasant surprise.

Within only a few minutes, I noticed some major improvements right away. The attack of the leading edge of notes became a lot sharper and the decay of strings and piano notes hang in the air longer. The area that improved the most has to be imaging: images of vocals and intruments just became rock solid.

On top of that, the customer service I got from Jim was just great. I originally bought a hagclock board to modify my M-audio transit but I could not get it to oscillate right at 6MHz. I sent it to Jim and he fixed it for me and it's on its way back from Hawaii. This 24MHz clock for the XR45 is the second one that I made and it worked right away. I will report back after I install the 6MHz clock into my transit.

If you are contemplating a clock mod for your digital gear, I highly recommend the hagclock.

Mike

hanguy

Hagclock success!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2006, 06:53 am »
The 6MHz HagClock went into my modded Transit a few days ago and finally have some time to really listen to it. Overall, it brought a smoother sound and more refinement to the music. The effect is not as profound as the refclk in the XR45. Nevertheless, the improvement is there. These two hagclocks helped to bring clarity, refinement and better imaging.

Mike