How to make an FM tuner a serious music source

3moons

« on: 5 May 2003, 02:38 pm »
Hello DIY boys and girls. Have you been to www.fmtunerinfo.com ? They have more information on FM tuners than you would ever have imagined, including a discussion group of over 900 members, world wide. On the group, the talk and information is about all things FM, including DIY mods, tweaks, repair, mods, the proper antennas to use, sound quality and how to improve it, info on your favorite tuner or one you wish was your's, FM DX and much, much more. All this shared information has been built from the input of our members, members are from a long list of everyday hobbyists and music lovers to engineers, technicians, from the young to old retired guys (me) and more. Everyone is welcome as long as they behave themselves. On the web site the best of this established information is spelled out and always being updated. All information, knowledge and advice is freely shared, given and taken. jim...
  http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/
  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fmtuners/

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #1 on: 5 May 2003, 06:54 pm »
hmmm...  don't i know ya from somewhere?  ya have a fondness for kenwoods, iirc...  someting like forty of 'em?   :lol:   if ya search these archives, you'll notice i've mentioned the tuna sites a coupla times.   :wink:

regards,

doug s.

3moons

« Reply #2 on: 5 May 2003, 07:00 pm »
Quote from: doug s.
hmmm...  don't i know ya from somewhere?  ya have a fondness for kenwoods, iirc...  someting like forty of 'em?   :lol:   if ya search these archives, you'll notice i've mentioned the tuna sites a coupla times.   :wink:

regards,

doug s.

Hi Doug, I know of your grassroots work here and elsewhere and thanks. We are watching your movements.   :peek:  I just like to spread the good word myself once in a while. Why? Oh WHY do you have that beautiful Kenwood KT-9900 sitting in your basement? I think that's against the law in several states. jim...  :nono:
www.fmtunerinfo.com

mgalusha

« Reply #3 on: 6 May 2003, 01:05 am »
Jim,

Thanks for posting this. I have seen Doug's posts before but never got around to visiting any of the tuner sites. I have an old Sansui TU-3900 and a Carver TX-11a. Even though the Sansui is supposed to be lower end than the Carver, I have always like it's sound better.

Maybe it's time for some mods. :)

Mike

3moons

« Reply #4 on: 6 May 2003, 01:12 am »
Quote from: mgalusha
Jim,

Thanks for posting this. I have seen Doug's posts before but never got around to visiting any of the tuner sites. I have an old Sansui TU-3900 and a Carver TX-11a. Even though the Sansui is supposed to be lower end than the Carver, I have always like it's sound better.

Maybe it's time for some mods. :)

Mike

Hello Mike, Come on in. Email me here   jim@fmtunerinfo.com   and I'll admit you to the discussion group. jim...