Plz recommend bricks-and-mortar shops in SoCal/NV/AZ

Christopher Witmer

A Japanese colleague shall be attending CES in a few days, and after that he wants to visit vintage audio and parts shops in Nevada, Arizona, and Southern California. He asked me to recommend to him the American equivalent of Akihabara, where back-alley shops turn up no end of interesting finds for the incurable audio gear builder. I told him the American equivalent of Akihabara would be eBay, Audiogon, etc. -- it's mostly in cyberspace. Anyway, he is still committed to driving hundreds if not thousands of miles to locate special vintage items. He is interested in both assembled equipment and also the most basic parts. He is interested in both relatively large quantities (if available) and one-of-a-kind items (which, in some cases, he might might be interested in trying to copy and manufacture if he thinks it will give him the sonic results he is after). Anyway, I'd feel bad for him to fly halfway accross the globe to visit vintage audio and parts shops and then not be able to locate any. So if anyone has tips on bricks-and-mortar shops that he might be able to visit in Southern California, Nevada, or Arizona, please let me know!

Thanks!

Christopher Witmer

John Casler

« Reply #1 on: 1 Jan 2006, 12:21 am »
While I don't know what Brooks might be interested in selling (if the price was right) I do know that he has a nice store and "MUSEUM" at his place.

look here:

http://www.brooksberdanltd.com/Museum.htm

Bemopti123

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jan 2006, 02:36 am »
Damn, I thought I was overflooded with gear in my small 1 bedroom!  At least the man seems to me to have the right job, his passion/hobby as his source of income!  I am jealous. :mrgreen: