Zensonic Z500

mgalusha

Zensonic Z500
« on: 30 Dec 2005, 08:47 pm »
Anyone have any expericence with the Zensonic Z500? Kinda like a Squeezebox but does video as well. USD$364.00 from kadek.com

http://www.z500series.com/specs.php

http://www.kadek.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=2949

I'll be the MPAA just loves this little device.  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

Right now only available in OZ but they are working on US (and I assume other) distribution.

EchiDna

Zensonic Z500
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2005, 12:58 am »
ah... now aint that just the thing :)

only problem I foresee is on screen display for selecting tracks etc... if you don't have a TV in the room, using the menu is guesswork  :?

mgalusha

Zensonic Z500
« Reply #2 on: 31 Dec 2005, 01:34 pm »
Quote from: EchiDna
only problem I foresee is on screen display for selecting tracks etc... if you don't have a TV in the room, using the menu is guesswork  :?

Yea but since most of the appeal is for straming video I suspect most buyers will have a TV attached to it. :)

EchiDna

Zensonic Z500
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jan 2006, 07:05 am »
I've only got a projector and no TV... this is half of my problem... I don't want to fire it up just to use a menu! *sigh*

mgalusha

Zensonic Z500
« Reply #4 on: 1 Jan 2006, 01:54 pm »
Quote from: EchiDna
I've only got a projector and no TV... this is half of my problem... I don't want to fire it up just to use a menu! *sigh*

I think most would find this a good problem to have. :) I am actually in a similar situation in my home theater room. I don't want to fire up the projector for a menu for audio so this wouldn't be as appealing in that system.

I was thinking of something like this for a bedroom system. I would love to have access to all our media over the network. That was what I found appealing.

EchiDna

Zensonic Z500
« Reply #5 on: 1 Jan 2006, 02:08 pm »
yep - agreed it would be great for a bedroom system!

I'm actually going with wireless on my PDA as a controller - works a treat - but many PC's hate to boot with no monitor attached (dunno why either, it should be a simple bios switch)

cheers,

fabaudio

Zensonic Z500
« Reply #6 on: 1 Jan 2006, 03:26 pm »
Gentlemen, concerning the audio menu issues you can always get a little el cheapo TV/monitor for this purpose.