Hypex and Maggies

ajzepp

Hypex and Maggies
« on: 26 Dec 2005, 10:07 pm »
I'm strongly considering picking up some Magnepan 3.6s after having been very happy with my MMGs for over a year now......I'm excited about the idea of a class D amp that incorporates the Hypex stuff.....I'm thinking about an amp with the UcD700 would be a great match for the 3.6s. Can anyone comment on this? And to Kevin specifically, do you guys currently build a dual mono amp with the UcD700?

Thanks!

Kevin Haskins

Hypex and Maggies
« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2005, 12:02 am »
We have plans for UCD700 mono-blocks.   Probably won't have them for another couple months though.    

Projected price is going to be $1300 each with the Hypex power supply and softstart.  

I don't have an ETA on the project because we are rushing to get ready for CES at the moment.   We probably will go to work on the project 2nd or 3rd week of January.   I'd expect 60-90 days after that we should have a product although the Hypex UCD700s and power supply will be available before that time.

ajzepp

Hypex and Maggies
« Reply #2 on: 27 Dec 2005, 12:33 am »
That's great, thanks!

speedcenter

• http://didnt.doit.wisc.edu/audio
Re: Hypex and Maggies
« Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2005, 09:09 pm »
Quote from: ajzepp
I'm strongly considering picking up some Magnepan 3.6s after having been very happy with my MMGs for over a year now......I'm excited about the idea of a class D amp that incorporates the Hypex stuff.....I'm thinking about an amp with the UcD700 would be a great match for the 3.6s. Can anyone comment on this? And to Kevin specifically, do you guys currently build a dual mono amp with the UcD700?

Thanks!

I'll let you know how they work on my 3.5Rs - I already have two UCD700AD modules, PSUs and softstarts, but am waiting for transformer and other parts.  I'm building monoblocks. The plan is for 4 of them, to biamp the speakers with a Bryston 10b sub active crossover. I'm running the 3.5Rs currently full range on Odyssey Mono Extreme's so the UCD700s will have to compete with some pretty well respected amps to get my thumbs up.

Peter

ajzepp

Re: Hypex and Maggies
« Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2005, 12:15 am »
Quote from: speedcenter
I'll let you know how they work on my 3.5Rs - I already have two UCD700AD modules, PSUs and softstarts, but am waiting for transformer and other parts.  I'm building monoblocks. The plan is for 4 of them, to biamp the speakers with a Bryston 10b sub active crossover. I'm running the 3.5Rs currently full range on Odyssey Mono Extreme's so the UCD700s will have to compete with some pretty well respected amps to get my thumbs up.

Peter

Scuse my French....but holy sh*t, bro....lol  I'm definitely interested in how that works out....if you think it's a significant step up from the Odyssey amps, I may try and do something similar after I get some 3.6s.